English Setter Discussions

Discussion in 'English Setter' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

English Setter

English Setter
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. henryboy

henryboy New Member

Wot ! no English Setters ?
    I have pictures for the Sloughi section because I had 2 to replace my stolen ES but I know my ES Henry is out there somewhere with whoever has taken him so I am very proud to post a picture of him here - can anyone assist me please ?
  4. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    If you follow the instructions below you should be posting photos in no time :lol:

[thread=10395]How to Post Pictures[/thread]
  5. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Hi, I was so sorry to hear about your lost English Setter, I hope whoever has him has provided a loving home. I've just attached a photo of my puppy Bradley under the photos forum, you may want to take a look.
  6. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I have an Orange Belton (Charlie) and will happily post a piccie but I'm rubbish and they end up looking like postage stamps!

sorry to here about your stolen Henry - I was going to call my Charlie - Henry!! his kennel name was going to be Champagne Charlie - sadly it was rejected though!
  7. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I thought you might like to see these photos of my three eldest dogs taken when they were just a year old. They still look much the same although their colouring has faded which is an unfortunate occurance in English Setters as they get old. Bailey (orange belton) is 9 1/2 years old, Tyler is nearly 9 years old and Remy has just had her 8th birthday. Time flies by so quickly I just don't know where it went.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  8. Alison2006

Alison2006 New Member

Name:
    Alison
    What lovely photos. Nice to know that there are a few other setter owners out there.
  9. henryboy

henryboy New Member

Oh Scorpio
    My Henry looks just like Bailey- he could be the same dog!

He was stolen when he was 6 1/2 and now he would be nearly 9 years old - he is a Mariglen dog

Bailey is so lovely
  10. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Hi Henrydog,

I remember seeing the details of Henry on the ESA website when you lost him, my heart goes out to you now as it did then.

Thanks for your comments on Bailey, he is a real sweetheart, the eldest of the bunch but still acts like a 2 year old. Hard to believe he will be 10 years old in April. He is Downend/Valsett/Laverstoke breeding.
  11. Luke

Luke New Member

Those are some amazing setters, Scorpio!! I really like these dogs as a breed and would definatley be one i would consider in the future!
  12. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Thanks Luke, I just love them to bits, they have so much character I just can't get enough of them, which is why I've got so many now, lol. I can certainly recommend them.
  13. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I found a photo of my darling Bailey in a show pose, bless him. He had just been awarded best of breed at an open show, I hope you like it.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  14. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT - how old was he there Scorpio! My boy has so much coat still to get! What a lovely head Bailey has too! :)
  15. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Hi Rachel, he was 7 years old there, he had just reached the age to be in the veteran classes. I think he is a beauty but I know I'm biaised about him and all my others, lol.
    My breeding does have the heavy coats, not all do as not everyone likes it. I found that a combination of Bournehouse and Valsett give me the glamourous type that do well in the show ring.
  16. Alison2006

Alison2006 New Member

Name:
    Alison
    What a lovely photo. Luke my last dog was orange coloured. I tried to show him when he was younger but he never enjoyed it.
  17. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I've been fortunate that all my dogs have enjoyed being shown as youngsters, although I have to say I don't take them every week so they don't get chance to be bored with it. As soon as they decide they've had enough I retire them, Bailey was happy until he reached 7 then he would be a bit lethargic running round the ring, you could almost see the look of distain on his face, lol. If any of them didn't like it I wouldn't force them, there's nothing worse than seeing an unhappy dog in the ring, especially a breed like this that is renowned for its happy go lucky temperament and forever wagging tail. I do enjoy showing them ocassionally but I much prefer taking them round the paddock and watching them charging about with each other.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2006
  18. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    I know this is an old thread:lol: But as this is about my beloved breed, thought I would join in8) I have two English setters, Jamie who is from the Norglens kennel, and has Wandsfell/Larrenie/Daraquist/Suntop/Hurwyn lines running through him. He will be two years in September 2008 and the other is Deacon, who is Jamie's cousin (his mum is litter sister to Jamie's dad!) he is from the Wandsfell kennel and his dad is sh ch Mariglen Pengtssons Legacy and also has similar lineage (obviously:roll: :lol: )
    What I would really like to discuss is the famous setter 'itch' and also if it is common for setters not to get theit coats, Jamie is almost two and he has yet to get those gorgeous curls!! Yet Deacon has lots of coat at 7mths.... I will add some pics of the two of them later!! Because I just don't post enough of my gorgeous boys!!:roll: :lol: :lol:
  19. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    This is our first setter, Tess, she came from the Ferngate kennel and her father was Suford Sedum, who both my boys have in their pedigree too:grin:
    [​IMG]

Jamie and Deacon as pups, approx 10wks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jamie
    [​IMG]

Deacon
    [​IMG]

Together... aw!
    [​IMG]
  20. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Aww, you just made me go all slushy you bad girl :lol:

My Tyler has Suford Sedum in his lines, Fabian is very much like the Suford lines, very dark although he has it way back in his pedigree..too far back to have an impact now I would have thought.

Love the piccies xx
  21. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aw, I'm sorry:blush: I just got all weepy when you said that your lovely Tyler has Suford Sedum in his lineage, I adored our last girl and to see dogs that have that bit of her in them, well it makes me happy sad:blush: :roll: :lol: Jamie and Deacon also have her mothers' line in them, without referring to her papers think the names are Atlasta Astral Wizard and Magalan Meldrum Monarch....