Fancy helping out around Breedia? Important!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Azz, May 13, 2015.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Fancy helping out around Breedia?

Great! We're creating a team just for you then! :023:

We're forming this team for two main reasons:

• For those who have asked about how they can get involved with helping around Breedia :)
    • And to help us see who might be future mod material :D

Who can join the team?

Anyone who is in any of the tabs here http://www.forum.breedia.com/members (and has not been banned previously from Dogsey or here). If you are not in any of these lists and would still like to join, then please let me know via the contact Admin section so that I can see how many people who are not on these lists are interested as well - as it could lead to changes in the criteria in future.

What does helping entail?

Most of this you guys do anyway, but there are a few additional responsibilities too.

Things you are probably already doing:

• Welcome all newbies!
    • Reply to every thread (within reason)
    • Keep any eye out for spam or problematic posts
    • Create interesting threads and discussion for everyone else to participate in
    • Generally be a nice, amicable person who doesn't make others feel like crap

Additional responsibilities:

• Move threads to the appropriate section
    • Add most appropriate thread category to threads (such as Health, Diet, Behaviour etc)
    • Edit thread titles so they act as a short summary or are descriptive of the thread

What it does NOT entail

Moderation of any kind. Helpers are not responsible in confronting anyone who they suspect are trolls or trouble makers (just alert our Moderators), or indeed any other kind of user moderation, so no reprimanding others or telling people what they can or can't do. We really do need to leave this to the mods - for everyone's sake :lol:

So, fancy it? :p

If so please start a thread in the Contact Admin section (http://www.forum.breedia.com/dogs/contact-admin/) to let me know!

Thanks! :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Meg likes this.
    Would love to help out but am totally useless with computers xx
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    Of course you're not Tina! If you can use the forum like you do you'd be fine :D
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Sorry guys, I've been away for a week - back now tho and hope to set this up soon :)

If anyone else is interested, please let me know :D
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think I already do the things in the first section, ie. Welcome newbies, report spam etc. Like Tina, I wouldn't have a clue how to move, or edit, thread headings. Do you intend teaching us how to do it?
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yep :D

(It's quite easy really - if you can post on the forum without any problems the rest is just as easy :lol:)