Finnish Lapphund General Chat

Discussion in 'Finnish Lapphund' started by laplady, Oct 30, 2014.

1. laplady

laplady New Member

Name:
    Tricia
    CaroleC, 6JRT's and Azz like this.

Finnish Lapphund

I have two Finnish Lapphunds, Herding Instinct's Nova Niiskeniti "Nova" to her friends I imported her from Sweden in 2012 she will be 3 years old on the 21st december. Nova is wolf sable in colour,gave birth to a litter of 6 puppies 3 girls and 3 boys on the 17th June 2014. I have kept one of the bitch pups Nova has been very succsessful in the show ring qualifing and competing at Crufts in March 2014
    Lapponnia Aamu Solo Dreamer "Aamu" who is also wolf sable in colour and is just 19 weeks old, and will start her show career in January 2015
    They are a wonderful breed making great family pets, easy to maintain, having a double coat which is cast twice a year, this is about the only time you find lots of hair being deposited on your carpets, once it starts to cast its like an explosion of hair !! because the coat is long they do get knots around the ears armpits, belly and hind quarters, if a good groom on a weekly basis is done its makes life much easier. These are a working breed and so do like to have a regular amount of off lead walking so that they can do what come natural searching out squirels and anouncing to the world that they have found one, oh yes that another thing about them they can be very vocal.
    They are still used by the Sami people for herding reindeer, guarding the family, pulling sleds.
    Such a versatile and competes in the breed ring, obedience, Rally obedience, Agility, pat dogs.
    Still considered to be a rare breed here in the UK there being only between 450 and 500 dogs.
    The photos are Nova at Crufts, in the woods, with her new babies and the Aamu her daughter playing with her favorite toy a box and in the woods

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What absolutely beautiful dogs! :049:
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Gorgeous :049:
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Love them!
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Stunning dogs :049:
  7. laplady

laplady New Member

Name:
    Tricia
    This is Aamu a bitch I have kept from Nova's first litter and is now just 6 months old, and like her mother will be shown, she has already at just under 6 months won her first Trophy and rossett, in a puppy walk class at my local ringcraft club

Attached Files:

8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Aamu is absolutely adorable :049:

Well done to you both for her first trophy win! :038: