Flat Coated Retriever Discussions

Discussion in 'Flat Coated Retriever' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. newforestfcr

newforestfcr New Member

Name:
    julia
    Ahh what a lovely looking puppy you must be very pleased :grin: Our dogs have stopped fighting which is great, i think the pecking order has been established i will try and put some more pictures of them on here when i get a chance.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Awww thanks newforest!
    Glad things have settled with your 2, would be lovely to see some pics....please!!!!
  4. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Haven't updated this thread for a while...my FCR obsession has grown ...now we have 2!!!!!!! :)
    [​IMG]
  5. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Phew thank goodness my Flattie- fix :lol:
  6. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    :)
    Happy to oblige Nippy :)
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    oh gosh i am in love...... this is not good..... i dont think the OH is going to be too happy with me :grin: theyre lovely. i think i might want one....:grin:
  8. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Does this help????
    [​IMG]

or this...
    [​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay to put you off....
    [​IMG]

Thats a regular and favourite look!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  9. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    STOP STOP STOP :lol: :lol: :lol: i cant wait to go to work now. and the mud pic didnt even put me off, it just made me laugh :grin: oh no i think my heart has been stolen...
  10. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Yes...they can have that effect...and then they become a little addicitive..
  11. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    yeah i really like boxers too though and im going to watch them at crufts....

but i think there may be room to squeeze a flat coat in :grin:
  12. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Boxers are fab. :) I love Boxers.
  13. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    yeah well ive been looking at them for a while and my mum is buying me a dog for my 21st. so ive been doing my research on them and looking at breeders. but flat coats are definately taking a place in the running :grin: do you think flat coats and boxers would get on well together. bearing in mind i have my little bundles of fluff and hairlessness too :grin:
  14. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Aha Willow - So you are an International Spy "with a silver astin martin did you say - mmm impressive". There are comments to be made, but I could not possibly comment. Mysterious and more Mysterious ;-)
  15. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Have you been drinking too much coffee???!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  16. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Beautiful dogs, I only have one now and have had a very large male, who was magnificent. They are not a breed for everyone, they are very demanding (all their lives) and a lot of people do not realise this - problems can and do arise from folks not knowing what they are getting into with them. They just see a beautiful dog. :-(
  17. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Yes coffee is good for flu - especially with some "liver" in it. :mrgreen:
  18. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    What a flatcoat and a Boxer ??? - they would have a great time, but would you and your mum :044:
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    haha im all up for big doggies having fun, but im afraid the big dogs wont be arriving till i move out anyway. she isnt a fan of big dogs and wont let me have one, (she wouldnt when i first started looking for a dog) so it would only be me dealing with the flattie and a boxer.... you will see me writing on her in 10 years time having a nervous breakdown :lol: :lol: :lol:
  20. MXG

MXG New Member

Name:
    Georgie
    Hi Ramble - am new to this and was admiring your photos and amazed at how alike they are to my flattie 'Ted', then I saw the last picture with the mud covered face and thought ...yes...'I've seen that face before...'Ted'!! Are they all drawn to mud and water? Ted is 11 months and our first flattie.
  21. lmfcr

lmfcr New Member

Name:
    maggie
    I'm new to the Flat Coat experience, so bare with me...
    Story: Here in the US, black dogs are hard to adpot out. After a divorce, rasing 2 boys alone, moving 3 times, we finally settled down in a place where we were able to get a dog again. :lol: I had decided I wanted to adopt a black dog. After a few trips to the local shelter, I saw my baby! He was so happy and full of life. Even in his situation. He had been there for some time, and was a transfer from another shelter.
    ok - make the long story short.:neutral:
    He is everything I've read about Flat Coats. Happy, full of energy, loves everyone! He is a handful - constantly wanting attention, chews everything, and even after 2 hours at the nearest lake, he acts like he hasn't been out for hours! love him to death!!
    now he's loosing his coat - off to the vet tomorrow. :-(