Flea, tick and mosquito prevention Questions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Partsman41953, May 14, 2018.

1. Partsman41953

Partsman41953 New Member

Name:
    Glenn

Flea, tick and mosquito prevention

Hi all,

I have a 4 year old female Bichon Frise, a 6 year old male Bichon Frise and a 15 year old female cockapoo. Before the flea and tick season gets bad I would like to know what is a safe and effective product I can use on all 3 of my dogs so they do not get "chewed up" this season. I was just at my vet and he suggested Simparica but I saw that that product could cause seizures.

Please let me know if I should get an oral product or a topical and what actually works.

Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I always used Frontline Plus Spot-on on the first of every month except for December and February. I used it on Pereg, the one in my avatar, even though she had severe and uncontrollable epilepsy [NOT caused by Frontline]. I do not use it on my current little Tikva as she has such a short coat that I cannot get Frontline onto her skin, so she has a Bravecto chew/pill every three months.

Please, whatever your vet might suggest, NEVER put a Seresto collar on your fur babes.

If you do decide on Frontline, this has the same ingredients but costs less:

https://il.iherb.com/pr/21st-Centur...o-22-lbs-3-Applicators-0-023-fl-oz-Each/52486

There are same brand but different for other sizes of dogs, and currently on a 10% discount until Wednesday. If it comes up in Shekalim it is because it is from my a/c but you can change it to dollars. Code COH662 can give you an extra $5-10.