Formentino Colour Cane Corso .. Photos

Discussion in 'Cane Corso' started by Murf, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf

Formentino Colour Cane Corso ..

I have never heard of this colour of dog before ..:shock: [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Northernsoulgirl

Northernsoulgirl New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Well I don't know anything about CC's but just have to say these are cuties aren't they?
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Its not blue and its not blonde ...lol
  5. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    Is it a con ?
    They look blue to me, that may not even be the colour they end up being when grown.

Not a con, found this

[IBlack and fawn. This is further modified by genetic pigment dilution to create blue (from black) and formentino (from fawn) colors. Formentino only express the blue coloring on the mask.][/I]
  6. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Agree with Celli - my first thought on seeing the pics (before she posted) was blue fawn, a(y)- Em- dd.

Trying to think of an analogy... best I can think of, off the cuff, is Malinois. Many are very dark but many also have almost no black in the body colour with the black just limited to legs, mask and ears (got one like that asleep at my feet).

Now imagine that black is diluted to blue - you've still got the fawn but it's paler due to the dilution, and the black bits are now blue so it will have blue mask, ears and shading on the legs - some may have heavier blue shading on the body just as Malis can also be darker.

Genetics would be a(y)- Em- BB dd.

If liver is present in Corsos then lilac fawns are also possible - even paler than the pics you have shown -
    a(y)- Em- bb dd.

For comparison it is thought that Dogues de Bordeaux are usually liver based fawns, a(y)- Em- bb. (Some may be black based and some may lack the masking gene Em). The Em gives them the mask - without it they would be lighter on the face.
  7. Tass

Tass New Member

Name:
    Tass
    I just though blue fawn cf Whippets or IG:blush: :lol: :lol:
  8. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Hmm... Dove Grey. Probably wouldn`t be the colour name of choice for these dogs though. :lol:
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I am partial to periwinkle blue meself ..lol