German Klein Spitz General Chat

Discussion in 'German Spitz (Klein)' started by msprissysmom, Jul 31, 2011.

1. msprissysmom

msprissysmom New Member

Name:
    msprissysmom

German Klein Spitz

Recently bought a Pomeranian that was suppose to be a registered dog, well now that Outlaw is 6 months old:

Found out he is a CKC not AKC, and as has reached the 6 month mark I've noticed that he looks like a fox, long nose, reached 10.5lbs, and he is very tall, well come to find out that he is not a Pomeranian, passed off as 1, because the puppies look very similar, that he is actually a German Klein Spitz. Dam & Sire are CKC registered Pomeranian's. But also they have no German Klein Spitz only Pomeranian. So, I guess this is the closest thing to it, so that is what they did.

Took us almost 7 years to decide to get a dog, found out outside cats only have a life expectancy of 2-5 years, yet we still have 1 going on 6 years. And it is difficult for me to go thru the lose of a pet, again.

Now that I have potty trained, gotten attached, taught him how to fetch the ball, spent money at the vet, getting his runny eye fixed, and bought tons of toys. I will not get rid of him, it's just a little irritating that people do these types of things and I just needed to vent.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    What do you mean by CKC? Canadian Kennel Club? Or Continental Kennel Club?

I have a Continental Kennel Club Dachshund, who is extremely poorly bred and looks like a mix.
  4. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    It could be that he is simply a very badly bred pom. There are certainly no shortages of those around here. German Spitzes (other than the pommeranian type) however are fairly rare.
  5. msprissysmom

msprissysmom New Member

Name:
    msprissysmom
    yes Continental Kennel Club
  6. msprissysmom

msprissysmom New Member

Name:
    msprissysmom
    Well, he looks like a Minature German Klein Spitz
  7. msprissysmom

msprissysmom New Member

Name:
    msprissysmom
    I just dearly love Australian Shepherds that is all we had when I was growing up, so extremely smart! I can remember 1 particularly named BLUE, that used to meet me at the bus stop everyday.
  8. NCA1

NCA1 New Member

Name:
    Nikki
    ''found out outside cats only have a life expectancy of 2-5 years, yet we still have 1 going on 6 years.''

What? Mine is 15 and he's not the oldest i've had.

He may well just be a badly bred Pom as said. A bit like dogs from puppy farms here (I'm not sure where you got yours from?) they can be 'pure' but they've had no thought gone into their health or appearance. At the end of the day, yes it's annoying, but he's still your dog and that hasn't changed?
  9. Roselle

Roselle New Member

Name:
    Karen
    I can understand how you feel. I had never heard of German Klein Spitz and he looks just beautiful and I'm sure he must love you to bits.
  10. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    In the park I walk at nearby someone has a 'pomeranian' - I can tell you it's not and she knows that too now it's older. It's very coarse coated more like a border terrier but very sweet anyway.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter unless you plan to show. If both parents were available to view (and were registered poms, and you saw your pup with it's litter mates, it should be a pomeranian. If you got it from a pet store, or an ad and didn't see the parents or littermates theres no real way of knowing what cross or other breed you have!
    It could be half pom, half something else. Some dogs hide their genes very well ;) You only need to look at some of the guess the breeds on here to see how hard it can be to guess the cross!!!

Anyway your pup looks lovely, post some pics :)