Gratings from Texas Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Bingo, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Bingo

Bingo New Member

Name:
    Randy

Gratings from Texas

Hello, new to forum and I'm not a Texan, only here as a transplant by Military years ago. I have one dog who's name is my forum name "Bingo". Bingo became my son 4 years ago yesterday, we have 2 girls 13 and 16 yr olds, my oldest was always allergic to cats and dogs until we had her checked and she was O.K. about a week before Bingo was adopted. My wife and I wanted to surprise both my girls with a dog which they never had, a friend here in Wichita Falls has a sister who said had a dog that was tossed from a car a year ago and was in dire need of someone to love him. My first thought of what Bingo would look like was a scruffy wire haired dog that only a mother could love, well we went to take a look at him, when we arrived we saw this handsome young dog who was being petted this man. We got out of the car and we were introduced to Bingo who came up to me and wanted attention, we found out that he had been an outside dog for around a year, having a large yard to run through with a few other dogs. He didn't get much attention except as we were told was negative attention, he heard mainly the words (get down, bad dog, etc.), well we at that moment accepted him as part of our family. I held him in the car to the vet, then I held him when he got his shots and during his checkup and then again I held him all the way home. To make a long story shorter the kids loved / loves him and he loves them, except my 13 yr old who is real hyper scares him and he's not real close to her. After a few months I became Bingos, my wife says that Bingo clings to me like I gave birth to him, he's very jealous of my wife, and kids (not aggressively) and very very jealous of the cats with me. He's always in my recliner with me when I'm home, if I get up he follows me around, wherever I am he's almost always with me. We think that Bingo somehow in his short horrible early days was abused somehow, he used to be scared to death of leashes but now loves to go for walks with one, he would cower down when we would speak to him while walking towards him and start shaking all over, he no longer does this. Being a Jack Russell / Rat Terrier mix you think he'd be hyper to a degree, that is not the case with him-he's laid back and I blame that on his up bringing. The vet said when we got him that that she figured Bingo to be about 2 years old if not younger and in good health. He was fixed a month or so after coming to live with us, I had no indication of getting attend to Bingo, I grew up with and loving my female Rat Terrier Trixie who died at 13 yr old, I figured Bingo would be the girls dog and I would eventually get my Border Collie that I always wanted.... well sometimes life takes different turns and things don't end up like we think. I have fallen in love with Bingo, he's the son I never had, and I believe with all my heart that he kind of sees me as that loving father figure that he always wanted. The only regret that I have is that we didn't have him as a puppy, why people treat animals, especially dogs who seem to do nothing but love us--- treat animals so inhumane. Heard a Preacher say that dog spelled backwards is God and that no other animal has the kind of behavior as to be called man's best friend, he also stated that God never intended dogs to be man's best friend, he has always wanted his creation (people) to be each others best friend. I believe this whole heartedly, however I will cherish the love and respect of what God gives me. Again Bingos life with us began 4 years ago yesterday, we are going to celebrate it soon. I have in my life learned so much from my dogs, they don't judge me for who or what I am, they just want to love and be loved....10,12 maybe up to 20 years with your loving companion seems along time but it goes super quick, enjoy the time and loving relationship with your friend while you can cause life goes by so quickly. Sorry for rambling on, thanks for reading Bingos story....will try to send pics soon, Thanks and God Bless!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bingo

Bingo New Member

Name:
    Randy
    CaroleC and GsdSlave like this.
    This is Bingo relaxing on my lap while I'm writing this.

Attached Files:

4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I will never understand how people can just dump dogs like this - we get more than our fair share of unwanted dogs being brought from town and just dumped, because nobody wants them.

My last pups were from unwanted "accidental" matings - so distressing because of the ones I took, what happened to the others?

Well done for taking Bingo into your lifel
  5. Bingo

Bingo New Member

Name:
    Randy
    Thanks Malka, I read earlier that you lost your Inca 6 months ago that had been apart of your life for many years, I'm so sorry for your loss and pray that God will comfort you on your sorrow. I know J J is not Inca however I believe God can use him to heal the loss. Not sure how I'd react to Bingo passing away even after only 4 years. Last year around Thanksgiving my 16 yr old lost her baby kitten. Midnight was a pure black kitten given to us at about 3 weeks old, found in the middle of the road starving. He was bottle fed for 3 weeks, we taught him to use the litter box and we all fell in love with him. One day short of being with us for 4 weeks Midnight was suffocated under my recliner accidently. When I got up from my recliner my wife asked me where MI'd night was and I said I didn't know, looking down at my chair I ran and exclaimed Oh No..., well to put into short terms I freaked out, I'm 54 yr old male and I broke down like I'd just lost my own child, I begged God to bring him back to life, held him and cried for almost an hour. When you bottle feed, potty train and fall in love with an animal its hard when they die at a young age especially when you cause it, accident or not. AZ a Christian I believe that God could have healed and brought back Midnight however God does know best, he knows if Midnight was going to not live long or somehow had an injury before we had gotten him, or he may have wanted to take him home to live with him, which ever one I do know for 4 weeks he had a wonderful life and I still to this day miss him. I think that your dog JJ is his name...needs your love now, it's so hard to compare the dog you had for years and years that was a huge part of your life to a younger dog you've had for 4 years. Accept JJ for who he is, love him for him not for what Inca was...we never forget those we loved, memories are precious and teach us how to live.
  6. Bingo

Bingo New Member

Name:
    Randy
    CaroleC likes this.
    Here's another pic of Bingo, I think he has a lot of Rat Terrier features in the face, yet he has short legs and some characteristics of Jack Russell. Don't know exactly what he is, the vet thought he might be pure Jack Russell.

Attached Files:

7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @Bingo - it was Katilea who lost her beloved Inca - I had to have my beloved epileptic Pereg given peace on 1 April last year. She was just 6 years and 3 months old. And oh how I miss her.
  8. doghiker

doghiker New Member

Name:
    Joshua
    hey, dont worry about it!
    Thats how we ALL feel about Texas!