Greeting from Panama Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Eris n Ulrich, May 31, 2017.

1. Eris n Ulrich

Eris n Ulrich New Member

Name:
    Eris Stevenson

Greeting from Panama

Hi everyone. I'm Eris and this is my adorable 11 week old Weimaraner with the mark of the hound, Ulrich.
    IMG_20170523_194457_747.jpg
    My previous experience with dogs includes 9 years handling for the F.C.I. with (Miniature Schnauzer, Basenji and Spinone Italiano), 2 traumatized rescues that I rehabilitated with tons of T.L.C and now this little fellow that I've had since day 1.

Ulrich has gifted me a completely different experience with a dog, maybe it was the waking every 2 hours to feed him, being mom while mom wasn't around (Fiona absorbed 6 pups, Ulrich was the only one to survive), nurturing them both back to health, the relationship I got to develop with Fiona (we took co-parenting to another level).
    IMG_20170512_195556_637.jpg
    Simply said I lost my heart in his bright blue eyes.
    IMG_20170521_084938_905.jpg

I would like to provide him a HPR education (guess it's the mom and teacher in me, I prefer to educate a dog). I know formal "training" is a long away, basic vocabulary and hand cues have been introduced (sit, come, down, stay, fetch) and they are used on a daily basis constantly (I took time off work to be with him, because of the fact he lacks litter mates it's been up to me to provide him the constant company and playtime.) Socialization is provided by my 2 boys, 2 cats and neighborhood dogs during our walks.

We are here to get all the advice and recommendations possible on HPR training. Unfortunately, there are no support groups, associations etc of this type in the country.

Thanking everyone in advance for the help,
    Eris and Ulrich
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Adorable, it sounds as if you are super excited, enjoy every minute
  4. Eris n Ulrich

Eris n Ulrich New Member

Name:
    Eris Stevenson
    I am, and I will. Thanks.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Eris and Ulrich and welcome to Breedia from little Tikva and me :039:

I have no advice about HPR education and with regard to basic training it was more than the dogs trained me! Although I usually convinced them that I was training them and it actually worked.

But I can emphasise with bottle-feeding, having had to rear a couple of newborn pups when I used to breed Griffons in another life, and little Tikva came to me far too early at 3 weeks-old, unweaned and needing regular bottle-feeding. At least she knew how to eliminate so I did not have to stimulate her for that!

And unlike the newborn Griffons, I did not have to carry Tikva around in my bra!