GSD judge loses appointment after Facebook debate Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Malka, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

GSD judge loses appointment after Facebook debate

Full article here...

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.p...ebook_debate/9fee44e34ce7688171faa054728ad88c

Whether long-coats should be in a separate group is something I do not know anything about, however, if something is posted in a closed Facebook Group, should it then be made public knowledge?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    When I was 5 years old, way back in the 60's my dad took me to buy a GSD puppy, I was told by the breeder that the difference between a Alsatian & GSD's where the coats, German Shepherd had a long coat & a Alsatian had short coat.
    Little did I know at that time they changed name during the war & the GSD was then known as a Alsatian.

I know its nothing to do with Malka's article, but I only found out the truth about the name change when I first started showing my GSD's - I would put Alsatian in where it said breed of dog, until another breeder told me to just put GSD & explain the reason they were called Alsatian in the first place & it had nothing to do with the lenght of their coats at all.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Long coats have always been considered a disqualifying fault by most GSD judges under the KC breed Standard.
    Both the SV and the FCI have adopted the policy that longcoats may only be exhibited in their own separate long coat classes. They are not permitted in standard coat classes,so in effect I agree with what she was saying .
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    As I said, I do not know anything about the subject in the article, but what I find disturbing is the fact that comments she posted in a closed Facebook Group were reported and became public knowledge.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Im not on facebook,and don’t know how it operates,but it looks like someone from the … closed online group copied and forwarded it to the SKC, sour grapes me thinks
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Couple of owners with a long coat GSD made big song dance about it, have now been removed from the group & have set up their own group for long coat GSD's only they had 900 member in just 1 week.