Guess who has just been out! General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Guess who has just been out!

Not having used The Silver Monster for what seems to be ages, and as the weather seemed to all of a sudden cool down a bit after a diabolical morning, I took Tikva out for gallopy trots. Not that she was keen on the idea of walking beside him, wanting up on my lap most of the time, but she did get down a couple of times.

So I went to a nice quiet grassy area and unclipped her leash so she could, hopefully have a bit of a free run. As if... she did do a half-hearted chase after a hooded crow who decided to plonk down near us but then she shot back and was up on my lap again,

But it was a nice little area with trees and lots of shade, and as I slowly crept along I did manage to get Tikki to at least have a small off-lead walk.

She is still not a bit wary of The Silver Monster and definitely does not want to move far from me, but slowly slowly`I hope she will get more confident. There are quite a few of these little, almost hidden, small grassy areas almost arounnd, so I am, going to try and take her out now whenever the temperature drops a bit.

I had forgotten how ginormous and powerful The Silver Monster is but his steering is so light and it was a pleasure to go out on him again. Pereg was always so excited to go out and I hope that now, finally, Tikva will start to get pleasure away from just being in our yard.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know what happened to my English and grammar in my OP - blame it on a sleepless night and the pleasure I got from being finally able to get Tikva to come out with me on The Silver Monster.

It has taken a long time but at least she was not frightened when I drove him out of The Shack, and was quite happy to be clipped onto the leash that I had fixed onto the nearside of the back of his canopy/roof frame for when I used to take Pereg out.

Such a funny little girl is my Tikki. She is far from perfect as far as "tricks" go - no "give me your hand", "lay down", "roll over" sort of thing, but then neither she nor I need her to do things like that. Sit and wait, yes, where food in concerned, and "move" and "mind" when either Xanadu is moving or I am on my sticks, but she does not need any more commands. But she has, as she always had, a perfect recall, so I am not the slightest bit worried about her running off when I unclip her leash.

And when I wanted a nanny nap this afternoon she curled up against me on my bed without even trying to burrow under the pillows for a tissue or three to shred.

Maybe she is finally growing up? She is still my little puppy though!
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    It must have been lovely to get out- no wheelies I hope lol
    Enjoy the cooler weather
    Philippa
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I guess you have not seen The Silver Monster - I do not think he could do wheelies even if he tried! He is not called a Monster for nothing!

[​IMG]
  6. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka likes this.
    Ahhhhh, I see what you mean !
    That is a monster and what beautiful trees behind.
    Thank you for showing me
    Philippa
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Philippa, that photograph was taken outside the macolet [little mini market and the only store on the Moshav] by Hai, who has the current lease. I was hanging onto Pereg as I had just given Hai my camera and she thought he had stolen it from me!

The trees are across the road from me, my little bungalow being at the far right of the picture.

The Silver Monster is actually a bit of a mix. The person who originally wanted that one wanted one with a double seat but not the powerful one that The Silver Monster is. So when the delumptious one, ie Doron, went to get me a new mobility scooter, this one had had the double seat removed and put on a lower power one for the person who wanted one, and a single "Captain's chair" fitted to this one.

If you look you should notice that the chair is not the full width of the base, and it has "side boards" on the footplate.

The Silver Monster. Who had not been used since I lost my beloved Pereg. One of a kind and yet of all the road mobility scooters I have had, he is the biggest, most powerful, but with the lightest ever steering. On road or off road.

Hopefully Tikva will get used to going out away from our yard and will learn that being off lead does not mean that I am going to go away. Pereg used to be on a long [maybe 15 metres or more?] line, also fixed onto the back of the canopy frame but kept in the box at the back when not in use. She also had a very good recall but I could not let her loose in case she had a seizure while off lead and I could not get to her.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ahem - correction. I think I forgot my right from my left as my little bungalow is on the far left of the picture, not the far right! :oops: