Guinness World Record Attempt General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, May 27, 2016.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.

Guinness World Record Attempt

On the 23rd. of April 2017, at Capesthorne Hall, nr. Macclesfield, Cheshire, Beagle Welfare are to attempt to break the record for the greatest number of dogs of a single breed to be walked at the same time. BW are aiming to enlist 1000 Beagles for this charity event, each of which will need to produce proof of their breed, - KC, microchip, vaccination, or similar docs. An idea of the numbers wishing to take part are being collected NOW. Further interesting announcements to follow.

Details are on F'book and Twitter - See Beagle Welfare or the Merseyside Beagle Club.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Are you going with your 2 dogs Carole
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is only 20 mins. away Tina - I would be mad to miss such a sight!
    It is a lovely house and grounds, and they are hoping for some celeb. interest.
    I have joined F'book specially to enlist - but the site is apparently being rejigged - haven't a clue how this Facey thing works! Will have to borrow a six year old child!
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Just had a message back - Eddie and Merry are now recorded!
    I hope it's a fine day, the photo's should be brilliant.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    That tv vet might be there has he owns 4 ex lab Beagles
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Which vet is that Tina? I watch the Yorkshire Vet & Noel Fitz - so don't think it's either of them.
    There are quite a few celeb supporters attached to the Run Free campaign too.
    It should be fun, - and what could possibly go wrong?
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Not sure of his name but he was in vets practice - along with Trudi,
    He was on countrywide in March along with his 4 dogs, Daisy, Marigold, Poppy & Rosie.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Joe Inglis?
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Is it him Malka? I've just given him a quick Google, and the only dog photo I found, he had with what looked like a Sprollie tucked under his arm.
    I also looked up Steve Leonard. He and his brother have branches in Shropshire and E. Cheshire, but couldn't spot any refs. to their dogs.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sounds fun, hope they get the number required.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    I think that around 600 have declared an interest so far.

For any interested Beagle owners. There is a dedicated site on F'book, it has been named Beagle World Record.
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    The number of Beagles signed up reached 741 today. However, the organisers will not be happy until this figure reaches at least 1000. Please spread the word to anyone you know who owns a Beagle.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    To date, the owners of 812 Beagles have now declared their intention to take part in the record attempt. The walk route and the event field have been identified.
    A sight not to be missed, Beagles as far as the eye can see, so do tell your UK Beagle owning friends.
    FB_IMG_1465376254714.jpg
    Sorry, still no news on the celebrity front.
  16. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    CaroleC likes this.
    Don't own a Beagle, not in the UK. But good luck!
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The World Record organisers have posted that the Beagle count reached 920 today - and there is still another 8 months to go! Excitement levels are rising!
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am getting really excited about this - such a shame that not only do I not own a Beagle but I am half way [well nearly] across the world. SNIFF
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Well, we are now almost there, and the Beagle World Record Attempt is now only seven sleeps away.
    Confirmations this week are said to total 1270 families, (and their cars), and just under 1600 adult Beagles, who are travelling from all areas of the country. All will need to produce documentary proof of their breed before taking part. Puppies and non qualifying dogs will have their own unofficial walk after the main event. There will also be various stalls, and a companion dog show in the afternoon.
    It is likely that there will be some TV coverage, but it may be on regional channels. We will try to take some photos, but I suspect the best ones will be taken from the air by a professional drone operator. I hope we don't create too much chaos on the A34. The event stands to raise a substantial amount of money for the two charities, Beagle Welfare and Unite to Care. I am truly in awe of the small team of organisers of this event, and hope they can get back to sleeping soundly next Sunday night!
  20. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    CaroleC likes this.
    How exciting. Hope all goes well and the weather is kind - to the humans. LOL.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you @muddymoomoo. Rather a nice touch is that once a year Australian Beagle groups have a synchronised charity walk in various areas of their country. Although it will not count, I believe that this year they have moved the date of their walk to be able to show their support for our record attempt.