Gwylim the Conquerer is home! Introductions

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by Pork1epe1, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara

Gwylim the Conquerer is home!

Gwylim's been with us for less than 24 hours but it feels as though he's lived with us for ever! Georgina and I are head over heels in love with him (even if the first thing he did in the house, was to cock his leg and pee against a chest of drawers :eek:). He's everything that Robbie his breeder said he would be .... confident, laid back and a very happy little chappie. He and Georgie didn't play yesterday be cause although she invited him to, he declined with a growl. Can't say I blame him as Georgina's idea of a game is very much like a scrum in a rugby match, :075: (my girl isn't very ladylike), but, this morning she and Gwylim have been racing around the garden, him bobbing up and down like a cork on water and her running after him like an out of control bulldozer. :rolleyes:

Last night he slept in his crate from 9 pm until just after 6 am this morning which is great. After breakfast he came up to the veggie patch and helped me pick tomatoes, some of which have tiny tooth marks on them! He then barked at a cucumber he found lurking under some large leaves, and after saying hello to the carrots and parsnips he wandered off to inspect the rose bushes. :008: And Georgina announced this morning that she's resigned from her post as chief "barker" and handed it over to her brother who's doing a bit too much of a good job! :091::091::091:

Some pictures of our boy

SAM_0908.JPG

SAM_0910.JPG

SAM_0906.JPG

SAM_0912.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Gwylim's gorgeous Barbara! :049:

Looking forward to seeing more photos of him soon :D
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    How wonderful that he has made himself at home so quickly!
    I've fallen in love with him already!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh Barbara - Gorgeous Gwylim is absolutely adorable! :049:
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    :007: :007: I am in love with your little man :007: :007:
  7. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    Gwylim is a good welsh name Barbara, he looks a very proud chap! :)
  8. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    hes lovely and sounds like lots of fun
  9. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Lovely to meet Gwylim Barbara :)
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    He looks very self assured, and a lovely boy. I'm sure they are going to be great pals.
  11. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    On Monday I decided to have a quiet day at home to let Georgina and Gwylim get to know each other. Here are some of the photo's I took ......

Let's play little bruvver!
    SAM_0918.JPG

This is a great game!
    SAM_0919.JPG

We need to have a chat about the rules.
    SAM_0920.JPG

Yesterday we went to the vet for Georgina to have her eye checked ... it's doing fine and is healing well so we don't have to go back for another 2 weeks. Gwylim was car sick and Georgie totally exhausted from her dreaded visit to the vet that neither of them wanted to play. This morning however they had a leisurely potter together around the garden

SAM_0923.JPG

And then decided to chill out in the house!

SAM_0925.JPG

Robbie his breeder, is going to email me the photo's he took of Gwylim posing on the grooming table. As soon as his puppies are old enough they're taught how to stand correctly. I don't know what Gwylim's KC name will be yet because new rules are coming into place in October which have annoyed many Hungarian breeders and Gwylim might end up being registered in Romania instead. His provisional KC name
    is Hejoligeti Wembley.

As Princess Pei Face is named after baby Prince George I wanted to name him after royalty as well but wasn't very keen on Charles, Harry or William but then remembered the Gwylim is the Welsh for William and also begins with a G like Georgina! Of course none of my Hungarian friends can get their tongues around the Gw so they call him Villy .... you can't win! I've also given him another name for when he's naughty ... the black devil!

Today I started on training him NOT to bark at EVERYTHING ... he really is a yappie yuppie, but mostly fear I think which is natural because everything is a first for him. And I've also started lead training because although he's 9 months old he's never been on a lead or taken for a walk. Sunday we go to training ... Gwylim in the beginners from 9 to 10 and Georgie, who's proving to be a star pupil, in the advanced class from 10 to 11. It's fine for them because they can sleep in the car all the way home!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Wonderful photos of your two gorgeous doglets! :049:

Also excellent news about Georgina's eye check - I am so pleased to hear that everything is healing well. :)
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Looks like little one as settled in fabulously x
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Hes lovely. looks like some fun times ahead x