Halfway through handstripping (pictures) Grooming

Discussion in 'Collie (Smooth)' started by Luke, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Luke

Luke New Member

Halfway through handstripping (pictures)

She's around 6 months now (or thereabouts!), and was so so so scruffy looking. She's not finished as she lost interest after a while, but she's had a tidy up. She needs abit more attention to her lower sides and underbelly me thinks! But looks quite smart so far! It's quite nerve racking knowing how much to strip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm aware she's far from crufts quality before anyone starts :wink: but she was never meant to be, both parents are all parson (lots of howlbeck/foxwarren if my memorys right) but she's just been bred for dogs that do the business work wise as opposed to sticky strictly to whats the best type to fit standard, to me she's perflick and she does the job of being a verminator meets companion very nicely :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    You are doing a grand job.
  4. Northernsoulgirl

Northernsoulgirl New Member

Name:
    Gill
    She's beautiful. She's got the most adorable face too. Love the last picture of both pups together.....
  5. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Well done!
  6. Luke

Luke New Member

thanks folks, still needs a bit more tidying..it's just knowing when to stop!
  7. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    This is weird because this morning Pepsi was sitting on my lap and as I played with her fur I was pulling a fair amount out, when I thought to myself, I haven't heard much about hand stripping for quite sometime.
    I have never fully understood what it entails mind so would never attempt it.

Your dawgie is gorgeous by the way :grin:
  8. Luke

Luke New Member

9. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    Lookin good so far
  10. Luke

Luke New Member

Underbelly, chest, legs and bum all sorted today. Looking a lot tidier. Bit too much off the "beard" after a touch up I fear, but it'll grow back! overall looking quite tidy now, and so so theraputic :lol:
  11. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Have you got any blisters on your fingers :grin:
  12. Luke

Luke New Member

Yes actually, I noticed them earlier when making dinner! I'm also unintentionally scanning for stray hairs everytime she's sat with me, poor little possum of a dog!
  13. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Awww, she looked so sweet with her leg warmers! :lol:
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    She is looking good.
  15. Luke

Luke New Member

Thanks both :)
    Dawn, you'd like her I think..nice straight long legs not queen anne style(wink) and bags of confidence yet not too full of herself or gobby! And she's even developing a pure malice towards every squirrel she see's, now to discuss with her how they will bite her so she can't take her time!
  16. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Nice job Luke :) don't forget the feet I would trim around them.
  17. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    :lol: I don't get blisters any more as I have Callouses were you are getting blisters
  18. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    She is such a cutie! Nice job!

I get blisters every time I strip Oliver! I was starting to get some nice calluses going, when I was stripping my sister's Westie as well, but since Annabelle moved to Ontario, (though my sister keeps threatening to fly Annabelle here so I can strip her LOL) only doing it once every few months doesn't give you the calluses needed!

I am constantly looking for stray hairs after stripping Ollie... Poor guy, i pick at him for a month! LOL