Happy Birthday Merry General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Jun 13, 2018.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

Happy Birthday Merry

Today has been Merry's 9th birthday. It doesn't feel three years and one month since she joined us, and I can't imagine life without this loving bundle of energy.
    Photo from Three Counties Champ. Show on Saturday, where she strutted her stuff in Veteran Bitch. (No overall Best Veteran awards at that show). I love the accidentally captured blackboard - Fresh, Organic and Healthy. A Very Happy Birthday Merry - will a bedtime tripe stick do?

Fresh Organic and Healthy.PNG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Happy 9th Birthday to beautiful Merry - merry by name and merry by nature. :)

Tikva did try to find a suitable card for you but I think she hit the wrong key because they all piled in to wish Merry a Happy Birthday!
    [​IMG]
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Happy Birthday Merry hope you enjoyed your tripe stick.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Happy belated birthday, Merry. Hope you enjoyed your bedtime treat.

Time flies by so fast that it's frightening. Rosie will be 7 in September, but it seems like only yesterday that I brought her home in the palm of my hand
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    This is not a brag, as you have already heard about the show above, but we have had quite a serious day today, so I thought I would share the judge's critique - the first that has made me literally laugh out loud.

VB 1. Cottrell Eardley Merry Magdalane. 9 years young, so enjoying her time in the ring, stood on the table as if she was the queen, moved with drive & looking for a sausage. (viz).

In Beagles there is a tradition that at the breed club shows, every veteran is given a sausage. However, my naughty girl has convinced herself that this should happen at every show, and has now started to try and remind the ring stewards that they have neglected part of their duties..
    I have tried carrying a substitute cocktail sausage in my pocket, but it really isn't the same thing, and once the cards have been handed out, she only has eyes - and occasionally voice - for the officials. Thank goodness she doesn't do obedience shows!
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Love it, bless her, I have similar at the vet the one I usually see always gives a treat when finished if I see a different vet and they don’t Heiko goes up and nudges the jar to remind them.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Merry is just so adorable, and Chris, is Rosie nearly 7 years old already? I honestly do not know where or how the time goes these days.

Anyhow, Ram has a jar of biscuits for his patients but he never gave Lexi or Pereg one - he said they are so good they do not need treats for "putting up with him" [his words], as he uses them as bribes for difficult patients - good ones do not need them!

And of course Tikki's treat is the cuddles she gets from him when he comes here! [As long as I get my hugs first, of course]