Has anyone heard of Howbow Boxers? General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by x-clo-x, Jan 3, 2010.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe

Has anyone heard of Howbow Boxers?

has anyone heard of the breeders howbow boxers?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    No not heard of them??
  4. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    saw some puppies advertised by them, it says they have had them for 16 years? just wondered, if they were a name in the show ring or not.
  5. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Never hear of them either....

Why are these pups £210, ono. that sounds suspicious to me....
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
  6. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Dont touch with a barge pole, !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Before thinking of buying a boxer pup I would check on the Boxer Heart List to see if the parents have been heart checked. Only boxers that pass are added to the list.

http://www.boxerbreedcouncil.co.uk/heartlist.htm

I can't find any of their boxers on a quick search :(
  9. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Have to agree with you Jackie...:?
  10. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    yeah well when i put it into google i couldnt find anything so just thought i would check on here.
  11. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Google is our friend :p
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    well normally when you type and affix in it comes up with their website, or the very least show results....
  13. Zara's_Momma

Zara's_Momma New Member

Name:
    Nat or Debbie (depending who's online!)
    Just seen the exact same advert, only the pups are for sale at £750 :?.
  14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    The breeder is a member of the ABS & has owned one Ch Show winner in partnership & bred one Crufts qualifier-so hardly Champion Show Winner breeder-should be Championship show winning "breeder" if the puppy that was at Crufts last year won a class to qualify !!
  15. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    The advert is all over the freead sites..
  16. border pop

border pop New Member

Name:
    BORDERPOP
    Just had a search through Ourdogs website. There are some pre 2005 writeups.:grin:

swka 05
    PD 1.Beaumont’s Howbow Dante’s Boy – Nicely marked brindle. Nicely balanced head, dk eye, correct ear set. Good neck & shoulders. Deep chest, good ribs, nicely angulated rear. Moved Ok although a little difficult to go over deserved his first place. 2. Turner’s Allsturns Supertramp 3. Bell & Beardow’s Rennlou Sixth Sense via Belvern

crufts 05
    PGD (16) 1 Kay & Beaumont’s Seacrest Glint of Gold at Howbow. Beautiful coated r/w d with excellent muscle definition. Strong masculine head. Pleasing expression. Super muzzle & mouth Moved well with handler. 2 McCorry’s Corriford Del Vecchio. Different type to 1. B/w d of good size V good head with broad padded muzzle. Correct mouth, rise of skull & earset, Pleasing expression. Good foreleg height, deep chest. Broad flat topline but a shade long in loin. Confidently handled & moved steadily. 3 Turner’s Socotra Here Comes The Night at Holzar. B/w not as tall as previous exhibit. Balanced profile, strong neck, good forechest, topline & quarters. Typy head with Boxery expression. Chunky muzzle with good width of mouth, although teeth in lower jaw a little worn down.

w& pba of w

PD. (7). 1. Davies’s, Kenbru Full Steam Ahead. Upstanding 10 months old red and white dog of nice type. Correct height to length and with pleasing bone and substance. Nicely proportioned masculine head with skull and muzzle in balance. Well developed forechest but feet and pasterns need to tighten. Moved with reach and drive keeping his topline on the move. 2. Beaumont’s, Howbow Tunny’s Choice. Small but stylish 11 months old dark brindle and white dog. Presenting a most attractive profile picture with lovely neck and topline and balanced angulation front and rear. Typical head with fair width and depth of muzzle and clean skull. Bone and substance commensurate with his overall size but needs to muscle up a bit in quarters. Moved freely. 3. Mair’s, Glenauld Giraud.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  17. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Seriously though you DO need to do your homework when buying a Boxer, I love them and think there is no breed like them and have had them nearly 30 years however they have become too popular for their own good and any and everyone jumps on the bandwaggon to breed them.

Why dont you consider a rescue? They will match a dog to you and take great care to get you the right dog. Type in "Boxer Rescue Groups" into google and it will bring you up a list of rescues all over the UK. I do have the link at home but am in work at the mo....
  18. mjm295

mjm295 New Member

Name:
    Mark
    Hi, its bit late but we have 2 great healthy dogs from them, oldest is no, the breeders were very helpful and were very particular, they pratically interviewed us to see if we were suitable to have their puppies.

They were available on the phone to give help and advise, and they even took the dogs back in when we went on holiday (for a small fee)

Highly recommended from us.
  19. Rommel

Rommel New Member

Name:
    Rommel
    Rommel from West Mids, My friend bought a Boxer puppy from them about five year's ago. Lovely dog, however he developed behaviour problems towards other ALL other dogs when about 2.5 yrs old. One of the behaviourists he worked with, stated someone else who had bought a puppy from them, 1yr previous, and that their boxer pup developed behaviour issues with both people and dogs. But my friends boxer is absolutely fine with people and plays with my great nice who is 3yrs brilliantly.
  20. Cajones

Cajones New Member

Name:
    Ca
    See my post, superb breeders
  21. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie