Hello I'm. New here Introductions

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by Amie68, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Amie68

Amie68 New Member

Name:
    Amie

Hello I'm. New here

I'd like to introduce myself .. I'm in the UK and currently have 2 cats ..and 4 children at home 2 are adults. We are collecting our first pup of this breed Monday he's a chocolate ..we are still trying to think of a name..

I'd like to know how easy this breed is toilet train and how intelligent.
    I hope they get along with cats and my grandchildren
    Will post pics when he's home. Would love to see pics of everyone's dog .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Yazmin

Yazmin New Member

Name:
    Yazmin
    Amie68 likes this.
    Hiya, congrats on getting your new puppy! I don't know much about the breed but my Aunty has two and they're adorable little things.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Amie68 likes this.
    Hello Amie, welcome to Breedia from Carole, Eddie and Merry.
    How exciting is the arrival of a new puppy? I don't think you will have any problems house-training her. Watch for signs of her sniffing in corners, take her out after every sleep, meal or drink, and stand with her till she goes. Give it a name, I use Quicky, and reward her with a happy Yes!, and a tiny, tasty treat when she obliges. Don't chastise mistakes, it only creates anxiety - just clean up with a bio product, and start afresh. It is much easier this time of year.
    Don't forget to post some photos - if you have time!
  5. Amie68

Amie68 New Member

Name:
    Amie
    Thank you will post pics when I get him we are calling him benji the breeder has said he has a umbilical hernia she said it should fix itself I hope it does..
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Amie68 likes this.
    Sorry, I should have said him!
    In the days when I bred Cavaliers, I had a couple of small umbilical hernias, and they did self heal. Bulging ones may need an operation. I wouldn't worry if it is only tiny, but do have your own vet check the puppy over as soon as possible, just to be certain.
    Did the breeder tell you that his colour is likely to go lighter as he ages?
  7. Amie68

Amie68 New Member

Name:
    Amie
    No she didn't mention the colour but don't mind..the hernia was small I would of missed it so she was honest which I appreciate. Yes will be getting him checked and injections thank you