Help my Min Pin just started yelping when picked up Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Batwife2, Nov 30, 2017.

?

Experience with suddenly yelping Min Pin?

1. Normal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. RUN to VET

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Batwife2

Batwife2 New Member

Name:
    Kim

Help my Min Pin just started yelping when picked up

Hi All: I am new to here and looking for help. My baby girl Bitsy Boo Boots came in from her 2 mins outside to go pee pee and when she came in and we went to pick her up she yelped. This is new, she also yelped when jumping off the sofa and a few other times. We rubbed her down, did a range of motion and checked her for puncture wounds or bites, nothing. She would eat her good girl treat as usual. She is now laying on the sofa acting very sad, her nose has been cold but is now a little warmer. I have done some reading, some say "run to the vet" others say "save your money." This just happened about 2 hours ago. Any one have any experience with this?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Abad

Abad New Member

Name:
    Abad
    Hi! If it does not stop a visit to the vet won‘t hurt. It can be a number of things. I would monitor her and if she is not getting her old self back by the next day I would go to the vet. Our dog yelps at random things like getting scared or surprised which is minor. But sometimes we noticed he was looking at his belly every time he had pain. We went to the vet and in our case it was pancreatitis, so you never know...
  4. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Hi @Batwife2. How old is your dog? My parents have a Min Pin mix and she is going on 12 years old. She limps and yelps when we pick her up sometimes and she has been diagnosed with arthritis. As @Abad said you should watch her and if she doesn't return back to normal bring her to the vet. Good luck!