Help! What is my golden retriever mixed with? Questions

Discussion in 'Golden Retriever' started by kinna06, Apr 30, 2018.

1. kinna06

kinna06 New Member

Name:
    Leann

Help! What is my golden retriever mixed with?

I got Kinna at the shelter. She clearly has a golden coat but definitely with some brownish/darker golden coloring on her back and face. She has a completely white colored tummy. And her eyes are VERY golden/amber. Her nose is pinkish colored, with what appears to be caused by the Liver Gene - although goldens are not known to carry this gene. Any ideas of what she could be mixed with? I've looked up photos of a dozen different crosses and can't seem to figure it out.
    She is 50 lbs and 11 months old.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Brunniebabe and Malka like this.
    She is a lovely looking dog. Her ear carriage looks a little high for a retriever, and she also seems to have a hare-foot. My guess would be that she is crossed with something like a Border Collie - which should be an intelligent and agile mix!
    If you are really curious, you could always have a DNA test done, (Wisdom Panel), but I would be inclined to just love her for what she is, a good looking mixed breed girl. Good luck with her.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    The coat texture looks border collie. The other features look more Labrador to me rather than Golden Retriever. And that pink nose is way more often found in labradors than goldens. So I think the mix might be Labrador and collie or related breed... Not golden retriever.
  5. berry

berry New Member

Name:
    dot
    I can't tell from those pics, have you got any with her standing up, the colour looks ok for a golden, they can be any colour from cream to almost red. The ears look ok to me, they can lift the ears up if they're alert and wound up. The nose can be black, brown or pink.
  6. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Leann ...She definitely looks crossed to me with a light tanned border collie...with the white tipped feet and how you said her chest is white.
  7. berry

berry New Member

Name:
    dot
    Well spotted Gail, didn't notice the feet.:)
  8. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    berry likes this.
    My eldest sister had one called Judy and she definitely carries the looks of one but more Goldie about 60% of Goldie I would say, as the Genes look stronger in that direction.
  9. CapitanJackSparrow

CapitanJackSparrow New Member

Name:
    E
    S
    she has border collie in her definitely! As an owner of both BCs and Goldens, I know a BC mix when I see one lol
  10. Lundy Deason

Lundy Deason New Member

Name:
    Lundy
    I agree with everyone else. When I looked at the pictures I thought Golden Retriever and Collie mix. To be for sure you can do a genetic testing kit on her through embark and have the results back in 2 to 4 weeks.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Lundy - as the OP posted her query on 30 April 2018 and hasn't been back since, I doubt she will see your post.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Why do people post queries and never come back? It makes no sense to me.
    It makes me mad, especially when you go into detailed training advice, or deal with a health problem. Makes me think we care more than the dog's owner.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Who knows Carole, who knows. Either they get the help/advice they want and are satisfied, so they think that is enough - and do not come back. Or they do not hear what they wanted to hear, or do not like what they do hear - so they do not come back.

But some people ask questions and never even wait for an answer. Maybe they expect that there is always someone sitting here ready to give answers/help/advice 24 hours a day, so if their query is not answered instantly, they just do not bother to wait.

It is like people telephoning someone and expecting their call to be answered on the first ring. Too many people expect immediate answers. Immediate gratification.