Hi! Looking for Samoyed x Lab pup? Introductions

Discussion in 'Samoyed' started by LittleManTate, Aug 18, 2016.

1. LittleManTate

LittleManTate New Member

Name:
    Tate

Hi! Looking for Samoyed x Lab pup?

Hey there,

I just discovered this wonderful forum, hoping to use networking to find my next pup...

Ive had many many breeds and dogs and experience with a range of dogs on a purely social level (Ive never been a breeder), and I am currently dogless since my last girl passed. I have many years of forever home to provide and am now starting my earnest search for the mix I feel has been the best match for me: a Samoyed x Lab.

I would love to hear from anyone with such a pup or considering this breeding and happy to work with any opportunity. Of course health is the utmost concern and looking for healthy parents with great characteristics and temperament for each breed.

Please pass the word or let me know here or by pm if there are any such pups in any state.

Thanks for reading!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Curious as to what draws you to this particular mix?
    Sammies and labs are very different breeds, and as such you wouldn't be able to guarantee the traits of each breed that come out in the pup!
  4. LittleManTate

LittleManTate New Member

Name:
    Tate
    So true, and great points. You can never guarantee the characteristics of a pup even from 2 same breed parents.

I've been lucky enough to own 2 Lab x Sam boys and both have been the most friendly confident loving fun dogs I've ever owned. The siblings I was able to keep in touch with were the same. They were fun to groom, fun to swim, high energy, possibly overly friendly to everyone but there you go... and both were THE most loyal dogs.

Both breeds are friendly, loving, and very smart. I would have no hesitation in recommending one to active families.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I understand from something you said in your first post that you are in the US. This is a UK based site which is mainly for pure breeds.

True my little girl is a cross-breed [Dachshund x Minpin] but it was an accidental mating and I doubt very much you will find someone on Breedia who can help you find the specific cross-breed that you are looking for.

However, I wish you luck in your search.
  6. LittleManTate

LittleManTate New Member

Name:
    Tate
    Ah, thanks so much for the clarification. I found the site via a search which doesn't necessarily narrow down appropriately...

I'll check back in as on occasion someone will know of a litter that matches my search, and I'd be happy to look at flying the pup over if the situation was right, but will look on local soil first.

Thanks!