hollys scores Health

Discussion in 'Leonberger' started by leo, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Dudley

Dudley New Member

Name:
    H
    I am so sorry Leo but as many have said, you are putting the health of your dog and the future of the breed first, so I have to say well done. The breed does need more people like you. Leonberger puppies are in abundance at the moment and many breeders are finding it hard to find homes for their puppies. I personally think its a sad time for Leonbergers. Again I am sorry.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Hi Leo, sorry to hear Holly's scores weren't what you were hoping.
    But I applaud you for making the right decision of not to breed.

I'm sure Holly will be fine - Teagans hip score is 44:42 (total of 86), and luckily it hardly affects her - the only prob she has is that she swings her bottom when she walks!
  4. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

I had no idea that the breed had became so comercial,,,:shock: We never see them up this way, But I have to agree that leo is more intrested in the future of the breed than in anything else,
  5. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hi Leo,

I have to agree with all that everyone has said - disappointing I know but you are certainly making the right decision regarding breeding - well done.

As stated by others a high score may not necessarily mean that health problems will result - and hopefully this will be the case with Molly.
  6. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Oh Marie you poor thing. Its not been your week at all pet. I am sure you will have Leos in your life for years and years to come and we have lots more chances to breed a litter yourself. At least the vet has told you that she will be problem free and you can just relax and enjoy your two gorgeous babies. xx
  7. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    Sorry to hear that marie, but like someone else has said congrats for not going ahead with breeding her and she's still your little moo as you put it :grin:

I had my FCR done only as I was going to do working trials and wanted to know what they were like for doign the jumps. His came back as 4:3 and the average for Flatcoats is 9 which is great :D But I wont be breeding as he wasnt intended as a breeding dog.

Hugs and I hope the rest of the week passes ok without anything else :grin:
  8. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    my dogs are family to me they always have been and always will be regardless of health results or problems.
    i know i have 2 great dogs and that will never change, she is due anytime so i cant get her done untill she has had this 1 then book her in, how does it affect the leo coat? hols always losing hers regardless of time of yr. will that be affected or just the feel of the coat?
    i just hope its a routine spay with no problems cause she has never really been in for anything except her hips scores.
    its nice to know ppl think i am doing the right thing by hol and for the right reason, leos are great dogs i wouldn't want to change that by giving pups dodgy hips that will cause them pain.
    thats what i keep telling myself...........a few month old pup with bad hips because of me no i can't do it.
    any pups brought into this world deserve the best in all aspects and health is 1 of them to me.
    what if i produced a pup got the wrong owner and the dog was in pain all its life because they didn't give it proper care and the fact i allowed it to happen at the start......
    and just before anyone thinks it hol aint going anywhere shes here with us for the rest of her natural, as some one said to me today at work.
    just wished i could get it all sorted and done now and she was over the op so i can put closure to it.
    but thanks guys.
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Dissappointing but a wise and responsible decision, she will probably be fine all her life.
    Dawn.