Hope is home :) General Chat

Discussion in 'Papillon' started by IceCody, Jun 26, 2014.

1. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    CaroleC, 6JRT's and Azz like this.

Hope is home :)

Miss Hope came home today:041::049::007::D. The breeder brought me a crate that she is used to. I switced another with her for this one and she brought the teddy fox I got her a few days ago and her sister came with her for a little bit.
    I did everything I could think of to make this transition as easy as possible. Hope has been here for visits during the day but this will be our first night together.
    Since I am stilling taking meds to help me sleep without night terrors, I have decided to keep her crate in my bed with me. I don´t want to let her sleep in the bed just yet for fear she may fall off and hurt herself but i do have to wake up when she needs to go outside.
    I was thinking of crating her in a bigger crate and put wee pads in but Im a little concerned that it might make for trouble later. So tonite I try my method but please by all means if you have other ideas and would like to share, I would be very grateful. And its fun to hear stories of other puppies :)

Today went into exploring, playing, eating and sleeping. She was very quick to relise where she would get out to pee. I kept the front door open and shut the gate between the smaller front garden and the bigger back yard. There is a step there I´m afraid she might fall down. Puppies are quick!

I had gotten her everything she will need like a leash and harness and her own stainless steel feeding bowl. Since I traded my small crate for hers I got hers with her. So the only thing that we needed was a bed.
    So off we went to the petstore, and she got to try our all kinds of beds. Untill she found her perfect one. She even took a little nap in it while I was talking to the clerk :007: it was too cute.
    [​IMG]

Now this is a princess bed if I ever saw one :)

Right now she is laying next to me, ,halfunder my blanket, with Desty and is fast asleep. Desty is taking her alot better than I thought. I was expecting a bit of sulking and pouting from miss Destiny but no. As long as Hope stays away from her ball, Desty will even play with her.

I am about to wake everyone up for a little trip outside to do their busniess and maybe a little romp so they´ll sleep on tonight.

Here´s hoping for an eventless night with only 2 or 3 wee breaks. :023:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    IceCody likes this.
    Welcome home Princess Hope - and well done Miss Desty for not sulking! :grin:

I am so happy for you Dagbjört that you have your Dad's little Hope - and I am sure he is smiling down at you. :)

I do hope you will soon be able to manage without the medication. :058:
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    IceCody likes this.
    A perfect bed for a perfect puppy!

It sounds as if everything is going really well - hope you all had a good night.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    IceCody likes this.
    Nice one! She looks like she has settled in already :D
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    IceCody likes this.
    :049:She is soooooooooooo beautiful :049: - welcome home little Hope :039:
  7. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    IceCody likes this.
    Glad shes settling in well. Hope it continues
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    IceCody likes this.
    What a dear little girl, I hope she grows up to be all you have dreamed of.
  9. IceCody

IceCody Member

Name:
    Dagbjört
    CaroleC, Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    Thank you. She would have been so perfect for him as she is so calm and responsive. I already switched off the strong meds for weaker ones so soon I´ll hopefully be off them completely.

Thank you all. The nights have been eventless. She sleeps from around midnight untill eight. I like sleeping in so we go outside and play a little and then I made a little "camping" on the floor in my bedroom and we all cuddle in there afterwards untill about 10-11. I don´t want to put her back in her crate so soon after her spending the night there but I don´t want her to fall off the bed. She has already stolen her first piece of clothing and put in her bed :p She stole some underwear of my son´s when I had my back turned but was happy with switching with me when I offered her the teddy. She is fitting in really well but Desty still will not share any balls. Bones and toys are fine but I already bought 5 new balls, adding to the 4 we already had but she still will not share them. I am negotiating with her about that though ;)
    She is a bit lazy and tries to get away with being carried on our little walks but we are only going a bit up the road so she has to walk. We have of course started on recall and getting her used to her harness and leash and she is doing really well.
    She gets on fine with my brothers big dogs but she didn´t quite know what to make of the pugs she met yesterday and the pom´s she met today were a bit to rowdy for her taste.
    She is good in the crate in the car but she still rides in a seperate from the older dogs.

I´ll get some photos of them and post soon :)