Housebreaking...help! Questions

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Parough, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Parough

Parough New Member

Name:
    Patty

Housebreaking...help!

My little Rottie, "Piper" is kind of giving me a hard time, in housebreaking. She is 3 1/2 months old, and at first she was doing very well, even going to the door and letting me know she had to go. About 3 weeks ago, she started going in the house again,I take her out at least every hour, and sometimes she goes, but lately she will come back in, and go in the house. What am I doing wrong, and any advice on what I should be doing, right? Thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pohm

Pohm New Member

Name:
    summer
    Parough, 6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Who knows what you did wrong, or even if you did? It could easily of been something spooked your dog, whilst outside toileting, like a gust of wind?
    What it does mean, is you get to go back to square one. And re, housetrain the dog. Chunk it up. Pretty much take out to corerect place, on leash, and wait till dog pees, click treat. And go back in together. But when in, the dog is tied to you, so you dont miss dog sculking off behind the sofa and toileting. Because you are not watching carefully. Crate training along side, house training. When you cant watch dog 100%, crate it, or put dog outside. Any spills, clean up with non bleach, and apple cider vinegar
    Be vigilant, unless you cant, then exit the dog from free house roaming
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    When you take her outside give a toilet command ie "be quick" "go wee" "poo poo" go toilet" you can say anything you want & as soon as she goes praise her lots & play with her, she soon learn that going outside to wee poo she will gets lots of praise off you & extra play time with you.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Does she give no signal, or are you missing her cues? I have occasionally had to put 2 or 3 cat bells on a puppy's collar to alert me when they were awake and looking for a spot to pee on.
    Never show any displeasure at a mistake, it only makes them anxious and more secretive. Just an, 'On dear', and clean up with a bioactive product.
    As Pohm says, judge a time when she is likely to need to go, and stand with her until she performs, and click and treat. Go over the top with praise - use a silly voice to tell her she is clever, and play with her. Sometimes they do have a little lapse before becoming reliable, but it will come.
  6. Parough

Parough New Member

Name:
    Patty
    What is non bleach?
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chlorine-free. I have always used EcoDiscoveries Pet Deodorizer and Stain Remover which was brilliant for when my epi girl lost bladder and bowel control. Very useful when Tikva used to think that if she had her front paws on a puppy pad it was OK for her to go!
  8. Parough

Parough New Member

Name:
    Patty
    Thanks, I'll try it:)
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Parough and Malka like this.
    Vinegar-Baking Soda Spray
    Mix about 2 cups of white distilled vinegar with 2 cups of lukewarm water add in 4 heaped tablespoons of baking soda, I used to put mine in a spray bottle, once you’ve blotted up any excess pee, spray and leave for 5 mins,then gently rub and blot up with a soft cloth.

Cheap biological washing powder or liquid diluted quite strong is also good for taking away the smell and stain.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Parough likes this.
    That sounds ideal Vee - I was a bit wary about home-made stuff so someone on the Epi List recommended the EcoDiscoveries stuff as being safe. Especially as it can be used on the dog as well. Plus I can buy a pack of two x 60ml refills, each of which makes up to just under a litre. It is also good as an air-freshener even though it is fragrance-free, and a lot cheaper than Febreze!

And it does not make me sneeze, which white distilled vinegar does.
  11. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  12. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    Hello,

If I were you, I would have her tested for a UTI.
  13. Parough

Parough New Member

Name:
    Patty
    Can they get them at 3 1/2 months?
  14. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  15. Elana

Elana Member

Name: