I am a scammer Controversial

Discussion in 'Portuguese Water Dog' started by Dienera, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dienera

Dienera New Member

Name:
    Dienera
    Azz and Bulldogs4Life like this.

I am a scammer

Sad and hurt, it is the feeling that I got today.
    I am coming to the UK in the end of April. My friend from here met my dogs 1,5 year ago and he fell in love with them, he wanted one for himself. So he got it now from me of course. That is why I am coming here, to deliver the puppy and to visit with my dear friend.
    I have still several puppies available. Portuguese water dog is very rare and unknown breed in my country, so of course there aren't rows of people lining behind the doors for the puppy. So I asked admin of one FB group in Kent (my friend lives here) if I can put info about available puppies here. He told me “No problem, Anything else just ask".
    And he approved my post. Well just for an hour time, then some people told that they think I am scammer, even if I tried to prove myself. So I was blocked out from the group, the feeling is just terrible. I understand that there are a lot of scammers around, but you can't judge one foreigner as all.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    That is messed up. I understand how you feel. It is amazing how people on FB group & such sometimes judge without the proper info. There are certainly scammed but in your situation there doesn't seem a reason to be called such. They jumped to this conclusion simply because you live outside the country?
  4. Dienera

Dienera New Member

Name:
    Dienera
    Yes, there wasn't any reason at all. I gave my website address, my FB account full of dogs and puppies pictures, videos. My dogs (parents of puppies) came from well known breeders in Sweden and Netherlands. Even suggested life view on youtube of puppies playing outside in the yard. I still go through with it, this is youtube online stream. Move the video to 1:47, Only then the puppies show up.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Reputable breeders in UK do not advertise puppies on facebook and other dubious sites, hence you were reported
  6. Dienera

Dienera New Member

Name:
    Dienera
    May you tell me where is the place to advertise in mine case?
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Unfortunately many people have been ripped off when buying puppies off the internet, also from free papers/petshops.

When people are after pedigree puppies they normally have breeders recommended to them by other owners who have bought puppies from said breeders.
  8. Dienera

Dienera New Member

Name:
    Dienera
    Yes understand it. It would be easier that way, the problem, that it is my first litter of PWDs, and the first litter in the Baltic states so far.
    I got some things explained to me. In private messages from the group admin, not so pleasent conversation, I was very confused and asked why I was blocked.
    I was able to proof myself, that I am not a scammer, than I got the next answer: "We have our own genepool of water dogs so will appreciate you DO NOT message me again".
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Sounds like a nasty person to me.

If the group had something against advertising on there then they should have said that in the 1st place. If they said it's ok as you them what would be to report.
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Social networking sites ect: are not the place to advertise puppies you get people who see a cute pup but have no knowledge of the breed or its needs.
    Surely the sensible thing would have been to test the water for potential buyers before breeding your bitch.
  11. Dienera

Dienera New Member

Name:
    Dienera
    GsdSlave, You are absolutely right, there is a need "to test the water". I have done it. I have a list of people, who were interested, most of them taken the puppy, Also I had one returned because of allergy (even if PWDs suits for the most allergical people). What I didn't expected, that the litter will consist of twelve puppies :).
    It is quite a lot of puppies.
    Anyway, all people interested in puppy will get full information about the care, and as puppy would be available in a month it is quite a long time to make a thoughtful decision. It is not a candy and you can't make an instant decision here. I have worked as volunteer in animal shelter when I were a teenager, I have seen the results of the "candy" case. None of my puppies will get in such situation, in the worst case I am taking the puppy back, as I have done with allergical family.