I'm a genius! General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by My bear Yoji, Sep 30, 2017.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa

I'm a genius!

Im not sure my late mum would approve, but, I found a great use for her mixing bowl. After mopping up pools of water and then trying cloths under the bowl to soak the water up, this idea came to me.
    Not a drop in sight. Thanks mum xx IMG_2240.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You do realise that now you have said that, he will knock the bowl over - or it that just scatty Beagles?
    My dog water bowl sits on a rubber backed, dirt trapper type mat. It works well as long as there are no sudden distractions mid-lick. I used to use a cheap plastic serving tray as a base, that worked quite well too.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Great idea im glad it’s working.
    Heiko is a really messy drinker and slobs it everywhere, years ago I had one of those little wooden stools that I cut hole in to fit water dish but he still leaves a puddle and trail as he walks away from the bowl.
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Ahhhhhh, the wet trail, yes we have that too !
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Small dogs do that too although not so much a water trail Tikki tends to turn ready to move away just as she takes the last lap. She has a non-tip, non-skid bowl so there is no danger of her tipping it up.

[I hope that is not famous last words!]
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I made the mistake of forgetting to pick up Little Man's water bowl while we played football in the kitchen. You don't have to be Miss Marple to work out what happened next. Suffice to say I wouldn't have looked out of place in my pyjamas diving for a rubber brick!