I'm pretty sure Frodo is a Heeler, but... Questions

Discussion in 'Lancashire Heeler' started by LunamPuera, Oct 13, 2017.

1. LunamPuera

LunamPuera New Member

Name:
    Stephanie

I'm pretty sure Frodo is a Heeler, but...

... I just want your opinions!

Frodo is a rescue dog who spent over a month roaming the streets, evading rescue attempts due to his extreme shyness. He was eventually caught in a humane cage trap and ended up with us!
    We assume he is around 7-8 years old, but it is very hard to tell due to how active he is. He is absolutely full of energy. Since he came into our family, he has had eye issues (cataracts) and some pretty severe dental issues.

His temperament has GREATLY improved during his time with us. Though he is still wary of strangers, he will approach them if he is coaxed. He is SEVERELY loyal and very attached to me in particular. He does that thing where he will lay his head very firmly on my neck or face. I've read that this is an act of ownership.

He is also very stubborn! Absolutely relentless. If he catches a scent, he will never ever just "let it go", even if we try to distract him with alternatives. This also means it's a bit difficult to teach him tricks. Mixed with his shyness, he seems to quickly get intimidated when we try and give him commands - so we have to work with him very slowly! He knows how to sit up, give his paws and I'm currently teaching him to bark on command. :) A few minutes or even seconds of training each day!

PHEW. Now that you know all about Mr. Frodo (sorry!), I will add some photos of him! 15747662_10154806288059134_2111488681791564018_n.jpg Frodo1.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Frodo is a lovely dog, but I doubt that he is a Lancashire Heeler. He may have some Heeler breeding, but I have never seen one which had any wire in its coat. To me he looks more like a Jack Russell in type, though the black and tan colour could have come from a Heeler parent or grandparent. I'm glad that you were able to rescue him, and love him for being a 100% Frodo.
  4. LunamPuera

LunamPuera New Member

Name:
    Stephanie
    Thank you so much!!
  5. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello Stephanie,
    Glad your baby has a loving owner now that can love him even when he leaves muddy paw prints on your brand new carpet!
    Jane
    xx