insurance General Chat

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Mipsy, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Mipsy

Mipsy New Member

Name:
    marta

insurance

Hi I'm new here
    I have 3 month old mini pinscher. Just wondering if I should take out pet insurance. Is it worth? My breeder said if taking, to take the cheapest one. Do you have your dog insured and what insurance do you have? thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I have pet bank accounts instead of pet insurance, as I can put in what I want & when I want plus all the money I paid in is mine.
  4. Stubill

Stubill New Member

Name:
    Stuart
    Do you have a few thousand kicking around spare, just in case?

In the (coming up to) 3 years I've had Pippa, she's had treatment amounting to £3,100.00, and in that time I've spent around £900 on premiums, so in my case, yes definitely worth it.

If you do decide to take insurance, ignore your breeder, and take a policy with "for life" cover, this stops them putting an exclusion on the policy once your pet has had an injury or illness.

If you want to go down the non insurance route, ensure you have enough money put aside for any eventuality, the other alternative is to do a bit of both, take out a policy for the first few years, and at the same time, do as Tina does and put money aside in a dog account. When you have enough in the account to comfortably cover any vet fees, stop the insurance