Interested in a aBoston Terrier General Chat

Discussion in 'Boston Terrier' started by pam2, Sep 28, 2008.

1. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam

Interested in a aBoston Terrier

Has anyone got one of these lovely little dogs?
    We met one in the park today, I thought it was a boxer at first until it came a bit nearer.
    It was a lovely dog but the woman was only walking it for a friend and couldn't tell me much about them.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I have seen pics but that is all. I always thought they were quite small dogs?
  4. kathy

kathy New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    I have a Boston Terrier. We used to have boxers now but although there are still boxers within the family I feel I cannot give enough exercise to a boxer When I learn how to I will post a pic of him. He was two years old in June. They are a lot smaller than a boxer and have upright ears but a lot of people mistake them for boxer puppies or more commonly pugs!!lol
  5. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Hi Kathy, looking forward to some photo's, I did think he was a boxer pup from a distance but the ears gave him away when he got nearer:grin:
    The dog I met was lovely, so well behaved and the woman who was walking him thought he was worth every penny of the £1000 her friend had paid for him!
  6. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I adore Bostons (& Frenchies & Pugs!!) They are gorgeous wee dogs, but rarely get to see them in the flesh sadly:-(

They are expensive because there aren't many litters born per year I think?
  7. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    The only one we have locally would gladly take each of my dogs heads off! :shock:
  8. bingowings

bingowings New Member

Name:
    Tiff
    my friend has a boston and he's absolutely amazing. Apparently they can be hard to breed due to difficulties they can have during whelping.
  9. delly

delly New Member

Name:
    Irene
    I have 6 boston terriers . they are a fantastic breed to own, they can be a bit hyper as puppies ,but so loving.
  10. MollyBoston

MollyBoston New Member

Name:
    Lucy
    I have a 6 month old Boston Terrier called Molly. Before owning her I did prefer big dogs but she is the lovliest thing I have ever met let alone had the pleasure of owning.
    People do think she is a pug or sometimes a french bulldog.
  11. slane

slane New Member

Name:
    Sandra
    We used to have boxers but now have a Boston.He is 17 months old.He is very obedient friendly & playful.They are expensive but well worth every penny..:)
  12. katieokiedokie

katieokiedokie New Member

Name:
    katie
    I have had bostons my entire life, ever since I was a little girl! I love them, the best breed IMHO! The thing about boston's (like all dogs) is you have to remember they will have their own temperments, which may vary. I've had male dogs that are tempermental, and VERY confident. I've had females that were the same, however my females seem to be more laid back, sweet, but very timid, and scared. All have been wonderful with children. They are small, with a short coat, that rarely sheds. In house dogs, they have energy and LOVE to play and run, and I encourage it, but watch them during the summer, they can, and will get too hot make sure they get plenty of water. During the winter they will get really cold so don't keep them outside to long. They have a tendency of having skin conditions which will cause them to scratch until sometimes they bleed, and cateratics (spelling may be wrong there). Here are my two I have now. The first is Buster, he is a red (or teal) Boston, and the second is Baby..it's hard to get a pic of her..lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Aww cute:grin:

Bostons were originally one of the dogs we considered getting (list included Frenchies/Bostons and Pugs) before we decided Frenchies were for us.

Still love them though, think they are smashing little dogs.
  14. XoloLover

XoloLover New Member

Name:
    Stacey
    Ive owned and shown boston terriers for years and I can hands down say that across the board they are a fantastic breed. Loving, active, friendly, good with other dogs and people, and just plain adorable.
    Theyve got bucket loads of personality, my little boy Tuskar is a 'grumpy old man' who goes about his business and loves a cuddle. Hes not really grumpy... he got the title by having tunnel vision when it comes to me, if I call him he comes over for a cuddle, if my sister calls him (or most people for that matter) he will just turn his head away as if to say 'no... im sorry... but your not mum so your not good enough' XD he is nearly ten though bless him so hes entitled to be selective! He does love his cuddles though and is very loving.
    Ten there is my sisters little girl who is nearly four, and she is the total opposite, she loves fuss from anyone (especially men!) and is very energetic.

There is nothing funnier than watching a boston terrier get all excited and bunch up with their ears back whilst tearing it around the garden... ill have to try and get a video of it one day and post it up! :)