Introducing BUDDY Rescue

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by FFH, Nov 4, 2016.

1. FFH

FFH New Member

Name:
    Christina

Introducing BUDDY

Say hello to 2 yr old Buddy.

[​IMG]

Giddy & skittish, he needs Dalmatian experienced home only please.

He is good with other dogs, older children only and a home prepared to give the time & effort that this boy is going to need.

Please don't fall for the Disney version - these dogs have a long history of working and are intelligent dogs with high stamina so need a breed experienced home only please?

Home check and adoption fee applies.

More photos, details and application form on our website

http://www.findingfureverhomes.org.uk/buddy_dalmatian.html
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka, FFH and GsdSlave like this.
    Hi Buddy, I hope you are not waiting long for your forever home. Good luck.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Good luck finding him a home. Always baffles me how shelters are so strict with "requirements" to adopt a dog. Why not any experienced dog owner who knows the dogs issues and is willing to work with him? Why must someone have had this breed before and fill out intrusive and lengthy forms? Seems so limiting. He doesn't look like a pure bred Dalmatian from here to me anyway but even if he is, I'm 100% sure there are people who haven't owned this breed that would do perfectly fine with him.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  5. FFH

FFH New Member

Name:
    Christina
    Malka, 6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    All applications are looked at on their individual merits Myra. The last thing we want for ANY dog would be for him to be returned to shelter because the owner wasn't fully prepared for the work required. And yes, however many times you tell people, unfortunately sometimes exactly that happens.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    FFH likes this.
    Good looking boy - hope you get your forever home soon
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    FFH likes this.
    Hello Buddy - good luck in finding your perfect forever home soon.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Okay. Well I'd think the last thing would be for shelters who refuse to home dogs to be unable to take new ones or end up euthanizing dogs or keeping dogs for 7+ years etc which I've heard of.

I'm sure you've got your reasons though. My best to you.
  9. FFH

FFH New Member

Name:
    Christina
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you. I know euthanizing dogs is common place in the States, thankfully we don't have to do it at our rescue. There's a home out there somewhere. Its our challenge to find it :)
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Ah, it is a "no kill" shelter. It's easy enough to refuse dogs at "no kill" shelters once they're at their (usually quite small) maximum capacity. It's done here, too. Shelters that are forced to take in dogs even when at full capacity are the ones that have to unfortunately euthanize. Many "no kill" shelters merely keep dogs for years on end instead and refuse new dogs. Euthanizing is commonplace in the country your shelter is in, too and other countries, as well. It's not just the United States. Definitely feel the need to point that out.