Irish Red and White Setter Discussions

Discussion in 'Irish Red & White Setter' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Irish Red and White Setter

Irish Red and White Setter
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

4. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Wow Roxanne, stunning breed :)
  5. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

Thank you Gems! I find them stunning, it is what attracted us to them, I have a lovely photo somewhere of our crufts BOB in movement, as soon as I find it I will put it up, that is stunning! :grin:
  6. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    They look absolutely stunning lazing around, i bet they are breath taking in movement.

I bet you get asked this alll the time, but how do they differ from the irish red ? :)
  7. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

In colour!!!!! :grin: No In many ways. The main description being they are "athletic rather then racey" so overall body is different from an irish. In temprement they tend to be less loony but more bullish. There's round, over or though and they will always choose though, however some do compete in agility! They are the fore bearers of the Irish so are the older breed although are rarer due to twice nearly being extinct!

We are hoping to get an Irish in about 3-4 years time to join our red and whites so will be able to compare more then! lol
  8. Footybird11

Footybird11 New Member

Name:
    Angela
    Wow, been wanting to see this breed since I first found the post (before the pics were added). They look more like spaniels then setters to me due to the colour??? I can see them in my x red/irish setter though (when he was younger anyway)
  9. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

With their colour they are often called spaniels but when you see their size they are not! Go look at www.redandwhitesetters.co.uk for more pictures of the breed. It is a breed clubs website.
  10. Footybird11

Footybird11 New Member

Name:
    Angela
    :) Lovely!!! In the show pics you can def tell they are setters
  11. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Thanks for that Roxanne, i ask because i was looking into getting an Irish red in the coming years, might have to have a close look at the red and whites now ;)
  12. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

If you look at the link in post above that will take you to a clubs site with pictures from showing and working, also links to breeders sites. My sites also in my profile I think if you want more information.

However if your looking for a dog that won't answer back or stick two fingers up if they could, look away now!
  13. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Ive had a browse on your site, very good :) Lovely pictures there too. Thanks for the info. :)

Oh my cairn regulary decides hes not doing something i ask him lol ;)