Irish Setter Discussions

Discussion in 'Irish Setter' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Thanks Nursey - didn't know that (but then don't know anything about breed standards/showing full stop!)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ryan W

Ryan W New Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Yep, Mac has a small amount of white on his chest :d ...

When we went to pik him up, him and his brother were there, and his brother had a larger amount of white. We didn't even notice Macs until we got home lol!! The reason we chose Mac was because he was quieter and we thought he had no white on lol!! We don't mond though, I like it.

First 'allowed' walk today lol.
  4. eloquence

eloquence New Member

Name:
    mel
    jazzie had a small star shapped white bit on her head and chest when we first went to see her. its all gone now though. can't remember how long it lasted.
  5. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aww no other Irish Setters?:shock:
    Here's my new girl, Honey....
    [​IMG]

She is seven years old and is lovely!!:mrgreen:
  6. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Didn't know about this thread or else would have posted earlier! This is Chester, he's 15 months.

[​IMG]
  7. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aw Jess, Chester is gorgeous, whats his breeding, if you don't mind me asking?;-)
  8. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Not at all, his 'fancy' name is Harvancourt Hackman, we went to Waterlooville in Hampshire for him. His sire is SH CH Caskeys Concept at Aoibheanne JW and his dam is Covarney Miss Madyson of Harvancourt.
  9. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    :001: I love setters! When we did our very first fun day for Irish Terrier Rescue, we had presentations on all the native Irish breeds and the Irish Setter one turned out really well because we had a lady involved in the breed rescue and a lady who breeds and works working Irish setters comparing and contrasing the show and working types side by side.

I would love to see setters at work! I have a picture my friend's dad sent me of his Irish Setter, who was a very effective and efficient search and rescue dog too:!:

I definitely prefer the working type - but that's just me!!! If I knew I would have the opportunity to work a setter or a pointer as well as the time to put into the training, I would definitely go for it (but I can say that about so many breed:grin:)