Is this a pure bred JRT? Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Michael R., Dec 13, 2016.

1. Michael R.

Michael R. New Member

Name:
    Michael
    6JRT's likes this.

Is this a pure bred JRT?

Hi everyone,

We've had JRT since June. She turns 1 in January. She was bought from a pet store with a pedigree. My family says that she is an English or short haired or long-legged JRT... but I am convinced that she is mixed with another breed. Her face, face shape and eyes don't look much like any other JRT I've seen.

If someone could answer my question as far as if she is mixed and if so, with what other breed(s). Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Hi & welcome here are my 6 JRT's all related mum (Skye) dad (K9) & their 4 hooligans, my tallest Zeus is 24inches my smallest Dottie is 10 inches, have 3 smooth coats & 3 broken coats.
    2015-12-12 14.20.44.png 15041996_10205730156453074_3897130156307928865_o.jpeg
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Buying from a pet store with a pedigree - does not mean that the pedigree certificate means what it says.

If you love your puppy and she loves you, does it matter whether she is a full breed or mixed breed? Just enjoy her and please give her a cuddle from Tikva and me.
  5. Michael R.

Michael R. New Member

Name:
    Michael
    I still love her to death and always will! I was just curious if someone could tell me based on the pictures what she might be mixed with - for my own personal knowledge.
  6. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Rat terrier?
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    My best guess would be JRT x Miniature Pinscher

Some pics of Min Pins

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    Lovely looking dog. But I certainly see a rat terrier in the face, more than I see a Jack.
  9. jacks4nik

jacks4nik New Member

Name:
    Nicky
    I don't think she is purebred. She is too long legged. I believe she could have been bred with a whippet or part whippet and jirt. Has anyone ever suggested that?