Italian greyhounds - Does anyone own one? General Chat

Discussion in 'Italian Greyhound' started by loveabull, Jul 24, 2006.

1. loveabull

loveabull New Member

Name:
    Donna

Italian greyhounds - Does anyone own one?

This is my sisters Italian Greyhound Capone on his 7th birthday, just out of interest does anyone else own one? We dont know anyone else who has one
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Aww he is so sweet :grin:

No sorry I dont know anyoe else who owns one.
  4. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F
    Awww what a cutie and not much bigger than the cat :shock: :shock: He is lovely though and no I don't think I have seen one before :grin:
  5. Zuba

Zuba New Member

Name:
    Donna
    Awww what a babe! I don't know anyone who has one either and I wanted one but after months of trying to find one I gave up :grin:
  6. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    I have never seen one before. Can we have more pics if possible. He is yummy:grin:
  7. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Lovely little dogs, we have a lady in our village who has one! She searched and searched for one of these and managed to finally get one, but I think it took her 2 years! They are really adorable, like little china dolls!:grin:
  8. loveabull

loveabull New Member

Name:
    Donna
    As requested here is a couple of other photos
    This one is Capone and my sister
    [​IMG]
    And this one is of Capone with his birthday gifts the blanket and the soft toy
    [​IMG]
    Just out of interest does anyone else have birthday parties for their dogs? both myself and my sister does.
  9. ooee

ooee New Member

They're really sweet dogs :D

We wanted to get an IG, and even met up with a breeder and were on his list, but we decided in the end that an IG is too delicate... we wanted a hardy dog that could play with our fox terrier so we ended up going for a JRT :)
  10. petebren

petebren New Member

Hi, my best doggy friend Mel owns one, a blue bitch called Tasha, she is two years old now and doing well at the shows. She is completely wild jumps around the tops of the chairs in the house and just jumps into her arms when she is feeling insecure, a good eater though and a good example of the breed, strong boned but soooo thin. Love your pics x
  11. duboing

duboing New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    My cousin's boyfriend's mum breeds them, but I guess you're looking for something more solid than that. They are such pretty dogs though. Very clean too, I hear :D
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    They are proper little dogs used to have a friend who owned them and Rotties, well he still does but I have moved from the area. He used to run them together so I guess they are not a delicate as they look.
  13. Sunbursts

Sunbursts New Member

Name:
    Teresa
    Hi Loveabull:

I love your pictures. What a cutie!

I have two Italian Greyhounds: Indy (Indianapolis 500) and Nicky. One is white with grey (Indy) and the other one is grey with white (Nicky). They're both females and their best pal is a Doberman named Daisy. They're also fond of their Beagle "sister" Belle. I wish I could post pictures, but I can't do digital yet and don't have a scanner.
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Arent these a toy breed and NOT a Hound?
    DAwn.
  15. Sunbursts

Sunbursts New Member

Name:
    Teresa
    They get thrown into different categories. Most organizations classify them as toy breeds, but they are true Sight Hounds.
  16. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Moving to the Toy group section :)
  17. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Great pics of a lovely little IG I would love one but scared my boys would stand on it and do it an injury. :) :)
  18. loveabull

loveabull New Member

Name:
    Donna
    Im sorry for my ignorance and originally posting in the hound section. Shame on me :blush:
  19. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    OMG ! ! What a cutie! Never seen one b4 but now I want one ! !! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
  20. Shirleyc

Shirleyc New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    I really want an IG but dont know of any breeders on the Island. There is a lady that lives about 10mins from us and has three, they are beautiful.
  21. zheelah

zheelah New Member

Name:
    Silja
    Ohh those are lovely dogs, but sadly all I can also say is that a good friend of mine breeds them in Norway, we have two here in Iceland but I have never seen them.