Its me or the dog usa (weimaraner episode) General Chat

Discussion in 'Weimaraner' started by x-clo-x, Jul 10, 2011.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe

Its me or the dog usa (weimaraner episode)

all i can say is what am i letting myself in for? :lol: :lol: :lol:

mine wont be like that hopefully!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lisa01uk87

lisa01uk87 New Member

Name:
    lisa
    is this the one that was on pick tv earlier? the first episode? :lol: i only caught a bit of it :lol:
  4. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    yes :lol: she had four of them, but in trying to run a weimaraner rescue she neglected her own dogs. one was aggressive towards the others, one they claimed to have separation anxiety. they used a shock collar on one, and none of them were walked ever. needless to say once she got them exercising and using their brains, the dogs were alot better!
  5. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Not seen it (thankfully) not walking a Weimaraner is really NOT an option! (sigh)
  6. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    exactly. and she had four of them!! one of them made me laugh he was called hoss, and he was the one which had supposed seperation anxiety. it just turned out the dog was bored, it broke out of its metal crate numerous times, and victoria left the dog loose to see what it would do, it got out of the crate then went straight into the kitchen, stood on its back legs, opened the top cupboard and then started hitting things with his paws until he knocked the peanut butter off :lol: :lol: clever dog :lol:
  7. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Yes I am afraid if I had a £1 for every time someone said "Weimaraners are prone to SA" I would be rich! Weimaraners are no more "prone" to SA than any other breed.

Generally they are bored and are masters at opening doors (hence many people put knobs instead of levers on their soors), fridges (even with fridge locks on), bins, the list is endless.

Weimaraners are often a lot smarter than a lot of owners! ;)
  8. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    A breeder I tattoo for has Weimaraners & his have brilliant temperaments, all of his work(real work not obedience/WT)& starts training at a very early age. There's no reason for a well bred Weims to have any more problems than any other breed. Not the dogs it's the owners & bad breeders that cause the problems
  9. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    it made me chuckle that dog knew what it wanted :lol: it says on the rescue site that they suffer from separation anxiety. i think as long as the dog has been exercised well before you leave it for time alone then it will be fine when you go out as long as its done the right way.
  10. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Yes there are very few Weimaraners that work in the field in the UK and only a handful that are specifically bred to work, literally.

I entirely agree, I get fed up with people saying Weimaraners are:

special
    have sensitive stomachs
    are prone to SA
    mad
    hyperactive

etc etc

Total twaddle and just an excuse for not feeding the appropriate food; training to be alone and training the dog to high level of which they are more than capable.

still some people like to try and convince themselves that their dog's bad habits/manners are down to the breed rather than their failures..........:roll:

IT makes them feel better! ;)
  11. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Well I have had 4 and, as I have said many times before, mine are/were left alone for most of the day when they reached a year old.

Funny, none of mine have ever suffered from SA!:roll: ;-)
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i agree completely.
  13. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i cant wait to have one, and im sure mine wont eat my house either :lol:
  14. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear

they tend to eat everything else though! :grin:
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i will make sure i stock up on extra tempting things it can chew! asbo did his fair share of chewing so i know what im letting myself in for.
  16. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I`ve just seen a Mastiff x Weimie. :shock:
    I mean... WHY!!!!!
  17. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear

Appalling, I can think of no redeeming features for this cross, intentional or not! :shock:
  18. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Colour?....
  19. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    In the village I used to live in a lady had 4 and she worked hers and hers were brilliant,

Met her youngest in the vets once, her mum and auntie had stopped at the barbed wire fence and little un had gone straight through it ripping her stomach open in the process :shock:

She was laid on her back on the vets floor happy as larry but we often saw her out and about with all 4 and they were a credit to her x
  20. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i think its fair enough if you put the work in, its obvious that you will get good out if you put work in. i like things in pairs too so id like to think i could have two weims at some point, lets see how i go with one first :lol: :lol:
  21. Annie Hippie

Annie Hippie New Member

Name:
    Annie
    does anyone have the link so i can watch that episode again? i'm trying to help a friend :) <3 xxxxxxxxx