It's my new puppy a Lab/Gsp mix? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Mime, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Mime

Mime New Member

Name:
    Josber

It's my new puppy a Lab/Gsp mix?

Hi, i'm new here and me and my girlfriend adopt a new puppy. We are really happy with our little Bruno but there are some things that got me curious about him and his origins. The parents of my puppy belong to my girlfriend's uncle, the mother is a black lab and the father is a chocolate lab too according to what he told us, but i have my doubts because he have the same physical look that Bruno, our puppy and they doesn't look like others labs.

While he is growing up we are noticing that his ears seems larger than others labs, also the size of his paws seem bigger than others labs too. Don't get me wrong, we don't care if he is a mix puppy because he is a really sweet dog and already won the heart of the whole family, we just simply want to know if his good look (hahaha) comes from a mix of two breed. Other think that have me worried is that he look skinnier than others labs but if he is a mix with gsp or others breed makes sense that he doesn't look more robust.

I'm not an expert in labs or German shorthaired pointer, but i think he look like both of them hahaha. i know all dog doesn't look exactly the same like we humans, but since we have noticed this we have more and more curiosity each day. Either way if he is a lab or a mix we love him very much and to us he is the cutest a sweetest puppy :)

This are some pictures of his parents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's my little Bruno

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ps: Sorry if i make some mistakes writing this, i'm not a native English speaker.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to the forum Josber, - your English is just fine.
    I see what you mean. His ears, tail and hind leg shape do look very like a GSP!
    I am glad you will love him whatever, and if he does turn out to be a cross, it should make for a very fit, good looking mix.
    Best wishes for your boy, I hope you post some follow up pictures as he grows up.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    He is gorgeous, whatever he is!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Bruno is absolutely adorable! :049:

Welcome to Breedia from little Tikva and me. :039:
  6. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hi @Mime
    I am new too. I see what you mean his ears and build do match up to those of a German Shorthaired Pointer. Also in the first picture you posted the Chocolate Dog has what looks to be the classic German Shorthaired Pointer Spots. That dog looks like a Pointer/Lab...
    Picture (Look at ears and spots) The Chocolate's ones look only slight. It might be the image though.
    Hope this helps,
    Jane
    x

Attached Files:

7. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    Dad is definitely and GSP cross lab and Bruno is also, his shape is a GSP shape and his face is a GSP face. He may look different to the others of the litter as the lab part of them is a stronger influence in their dna. But Bruno has the GSP influence. He is very cute though.
  8. Mime

Mime New Member

Name:
    Josber
    Innocence and CaroleC like this.
    Hi, Thank you all for your comments. Bruno is right now almost 5 months old and is starting to developing white spot in this tail and back so i guess you were right hahaha. He's more energetic than ever and a very loving a sweet dog. The whole family is very happy with him.

I'll try to post some pictures later.
  9. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    I have a Pointer X Lab so this is interesting to see.

She is 10 years old now but it's funny how she has swung back and forth over the years between looking like one or the other.
  10. Mime

Mime New Member

Name:
    Josber
    Phil likes this.
    Hi, this is him at 5 months old.

Now he´s starting to developing white spot across his tail, back and legs.

IMG-20170515-WA0018.jpg IMG-20170605-WA0012.jpg 20170612_163935.jpg IMG-20170515-WA0007.jpg IMG-20170515-WA0008.jpg