Know anyone who has (english) Pointers? General Chat

Discussion in 'Pointer' started by Alphatest, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Know anyone who has (english) Pointers?

Please get them to join Dogweb and post loads of pics! I really like this breed :)

In the meantime please tell me if you've come across this breed and what it is you like about them :p
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
    A good friend of mine has two Pointers (those in the breed do not like them refered to as English Pointers, just Pointers).

They are both rescued dogs, Murphy was thrown over a wall into some school grounds on New Years Eve 1997 and rehomed by us (Boxer Rescue) and Paddy was rehomed by us in January of this year after his previous owner had been taken ill, originally from a little place called Kiltarlity in the Highlands and now living near Hull.

They are extremely elegant dogs with a beautiful dished face, they have a movement that is second to none. Their lovely tail moves from side to side when moving with a very distinct action.

This is a picture of the boys just after they had been introduced, Paddy had just arrived after a 10 hour drive from Inverness and looked none the worse for wear. Which is more than I can say for myself!!!

[​IMG]

As a general rule they get on very well with other dogs, most pointing breeds are socialable. I know that my friend does not have internet access but she is going to the Vizsla funday with me next weekend so I shall be taking my camera and will hopefully get some better pictures. Hope this will do you for now Azz.
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Aww thanks Karen for the info :)

I really do love them! And maybe one day... :lol:

I'll look forward to seeing your pics, please PM me when you post them in case I miss them! The two above look smashin!
  5. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    They are such a graceful elegant dog. I have met and known quite a few and they are beautiful dogs. Like the German Shorthairs they are extremely sensitive and tactile, Pointers are the biggest Lapdogs ever!!!!! and seem to need a lot of physical contact....intelligent and trusting, but born comedians!!
  6. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I know someone! Will try and get her to join, I think she has 10! Her youngest boy just got his JW, i'll leave her a message now for you ;)
  7. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    i lOVE pointers - one of my all time favourite breeds. we have been researching the breed and emailing lots of breeders for arund 6 months now. not nearly long enough yet - and we're still looking at a long tiem before we get one, but watch this space! :D

xx
  8. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Wow thanks guys!

Het, now you sure you don't want to get one? (go on!)

Random! Thanks! I can't wait! I'm sure it's gonna be bad cos I'm gonna want one :shock: (can't tho, can't tho no, no, no!)

Zoundz, that's ace! hurry tho! :lol:
  9. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I've got two pointers, they live with my Setters and all get on wonderfully. The youngest, Tawny, came to live with us following a marriage break up. I've attached a photograph of her when she won best puppy at a local dog show, luckily you can't see me beaming with pride. I can certainly vouch for the lovely temperament of this breed.[​IMG][/IMG]
  10. mandyB

mandyB New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    I've got a Pointer too.:grin: Bracken is liver and white 15wks old with a lot of growing to do!

[​IMG]

He's our first Pointer and must say we're totally hooked. Compared with our previous Weimaraner he's so easy!
  11. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    oh wow!!!! Scorpio and Mandy your Pointers are beautiful!!! really hope to see loads more pictures of them. For me it was a big decision between the English and the German, I was swayed in the end by meeting a solid black German and deciding I wanted one of those. I will at some point have an English though...they have the most beautiful soft eyes!
  12. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Wow Mandy, he is a beauty, I can see that same look in his eyes, so gentle but just wait til he's naughty, he'll use those eyes to persuade you that he really didn't mean it. I hope he brings you a lot of pleasure over the years.
  13. eloquence

eloquence New Member

Name:
    mel
    i went to bording school when i was younger and there was a pointer that lived in the main building with our matron, the dog was called ruby and she was gorgeous - we all loved her. They are very nice dogs.

loving the pics - more please!!
  14. Tom

Tom New Member

Name:
    Tom
    Awwww theyare both beautiful!
    Tom
  15. eloquence

eloquence New Member

Name:
    mel
    awwwwwwwwww the ears!!!!!

oh i love it!!
  16. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Here's Lacey relaxing on the sofa, she's had a rough couple of evenings as she doesn't like the fireworks, hopefully she's going to be alright from tonight.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  17. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    aww bless her - she's so gorgeous. I hate fireworks :x I hope the special lady feels a bit better soon.

xx
  18. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    A friend of mine has three working pointers - as well as three springers, two German Wirehaired Pointers, and a working English setter! :shock: :lol: I will ask her to join and send some pics of her three ... they look rather different to the show type of pointer.
  19. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Before getting my Gordons I considered a Pointer - I think they are so beautiful!

Maybe my next doggy.....

Lovely pics ALL
  20. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Hi Moobli, I'd be really interested in seeing your friends piccies, the working Setters are totally different to the show type too, not only are they different looking, they have brains which I think have been bred out of the show type, certainly my lot anyway lol.

Thanks everyone for your replies, Lacey is feeling much better today and has been round the paddock without cringing whenever she thinks she hears a noise.
  21. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I will send her an email and she will hopefully post pics of her lovely setter as well as her pointers :grin: