Korthals Griffins? (Maybe another one for you Azz) General Chat

Discussion in 'Korthals Griffon' started by SLB, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee

Korthals Griffins? (Maybe another one for you Azz)

Just watching Dogs 101 (Hence the question about Xolo's too :D) and the Korthals Griffins is beautiful. I can't believe they are rare among the gundog community or are they?

Azz - I thought this was another breed you could look at.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Korthals Griffin is on Phacebook where Korthals Griffons have a breed club..lol
  4. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Its Griffons I believe, I think a Griffin is some kind of mythical bird. :lol:

They are a rare breed and I don't think there are many in the UK at all. They are quite similar in looks to Spinones and GWP's -- in fact, if you crossed those two, I think the resulting puppies would look like Korthals! because of how low in numbers they are over here, those interested would probably be better off looking at Spins and GWP's unless they are prepared to wait potentially a VERY long time for a pup.
  5. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Yeah a Griffin is a bird - what am I doing - although type it in google and it comes up with the dogs ;) :lol:

I'm interested. They're gorgeous.
  6. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    They do look nice SLB... but maybe a bit too hairy for what I'd be after :lol:
  7. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Wire hair doesn't shed as much as you would think. Benjie has a mix of wire and normal fur - we only find the softer falls out - I have to handstrip the wirehair.

And Louie has the typical Lab wire rump thing that they get and he hardly sheds at all or we don't notice it as much as the blonde Benjie hair.
  8. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  9. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    You are very lucky if Louie doesn't shed, because purebred Labs are not wirehaired and shed profusely, 365 days a year!
  10. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I mean the rough bit they have on the bum/back area - as I said he probably does shed but we don't notice it as much :lol:

I've never gotten anything off the coat rake, but then again he's 10 month old and we haven't gone through the summer with an adult coat.
  11. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    I have seen Korthals advertised on e pups and for sale on gundog forums. I think they are one of our most recent imports in comparison to most other gundog breeds.

I think they work more methodically and slower than most other HPR's.
  12. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    If you go to their breed club site I expect you can find out much more.......... ;)