Labrador - Have you heard of this affix? General Chat

Discussion in 'Labrador Retriever' started by Hevvur, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather

Labrador - Have you heard of this affix?

Has anyone heard of Denizes Labradors?
    Do any of you Lab owners have any in your dogs pedigree?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. candie

candie New Member

Name:
    sally
    I've heard of em hevvur:(:(
  4. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    Sad faces?

Share whats up with these labs? Please :grin:
  5. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Yea please share sal
  6. Natasha

Natasha New Member

i wanna know too!
  7. Luke

Luke New Member

As u know my cousin had a golden lab, of Sandylands lines,and her best friend had recently lost her flatcoat, and she loved my cousins lab lMonty so much, she opted for a Lab when they lost their flat coat, there's was not from the particular kennel that Gems gave a link too, but it was of Denizes lines, and he was well, he was what he was.
    best wishes
  8. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Sal im going to PM you
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Mmmmmm, all that breeding stock, yet NO elbow scores and only 1 eye test ! Doesn't impress me much! Maybe I'm too picky, don't think any of those dogs are showing the sunny nature of a Labrador either. OK, I'll shut up now!
    dawn.
  10. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    certainly not the best example of labs that ive seen!
  11. paulfletcher

paulfletcher New Member

Name:
    paul
    Hi, I stumbled across this thread. I would like to add something if i may...I don't like contributing to forums as a rule, but this thread motivated me to register to do so.

My wife and i spent 18 months looking around for the right place to get a lab (we have 2 children) and we settled on Denizes. After meeting Graham and looking around his kennel (we turned up unannounced) we were more than happy. Our dog, Harvey, is a thriving, happy and well adjusted 5 month old. He is everything a well bred dog should be. I have had dogs all my life (a mongrel, followed by 2 weimeraners) so know what i'm on about.

Before you slander or defame a breeder's reputation i suggest you look at their site, meet them and ask for references from past customers (which, by the way are available from Graham). As for the lack of scores on the site, I asked the question myself. Graham freely admits that he "doesn't do computers" and i van testify, having been there on half a dozen occasions, that he is always rushed off his feet. I am disappointed to find many such discussions that seem to be based on hearsay, rumours and supposition. It seems easier to be negative while ignorant of the facts than to actually look into something to form an educated opinion.

This is not some rose-tinted view of our dog and it's bloodline. I would not welcome into my home or family's life something that was not "fit for purpose" as they say.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding my experience of Denizes.
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Hi.
    The thread is over 3yrs old and he still doesnt "do" computers? but he does on some of the Dogs and not others? He can add pics and breeding stock etc.. but not put in a few digits?

People were asked for their opinions, whilst I (and nobody else) said there was ANY wrong doing, my opinion stands, still no elbow scores and virtually no eye test results!
  13. paulfletcher

paulfletcher New Member

Name:
    paul
    Maybe I'm too picky, don't think any of those dogs are showing the sunny nature of a Labrador either. OK, I'll shut up now!
    dawn
    .[/QUOTE]

I do apologise, I didn't realise the thread was so old. Quite interesting that you replied so quickly to it as it's from 2005. With reference to your quote, i didn't realise that people can interpret a dog's disposition from a photograph posted online. If i did not have first hand knowledge or experience of a particular person or situation i would think twice before commenting. I don't want to argue about it, i am simply stating the facts as i see them.
  14. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Hi PaulFletcher
    It's great you are happy with your lab and his breeder, it is a good place to be! The thing is, you can think your breeder is good and just busy etc etc....but it may not be the case when you research the breed more. I know nothing about labs and their lines or the kennel concerned, but I do know I was going to get a pup (not lab) from a breeder that I thought was brilliant...with more research and more speaking to people in the breed, I quickly became aware that wasn't the case.
    As I say, I don't know about the lines mentioned or about labs...but I would say, it does look bad if only some health test results are posted. I saw the lady who bred my dog this week and she asked if I would consider having his eyes tested, he isn't shown and he will never be bred from, but she said it gives a better picture if all dogs in the lines are tested...just a thought.
  15. paulfletcher

paulfletcher New Member

Name:
    paul
    I think you are all missing my point. It is wrong to smear someone's name with supposition, wether it be the breeder of my dog or anyone else's. As for scores/results, you should all be aware that you can only do this once the dog is over a year old. I have been asked to have mine scored on hips, elbows and eyes when he is old enough as my breeder would like to use him as a stud to continue the line. If that is not faith in his methods / approach then what is?

We seem to be going around in circles on this so i'll leave it here.
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn

Thats because each time you log in you view "new posts" and yours of course was one of them!

I also stated the facts as I saw them, and as I still do.:) Im pleased you are happy with your Dog.
  17. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    To me that looks like a pretty slick and professional looking website for some one who 'doesn't do computers'. My OH is a web developer and i have seen the work that goes in to making and maintaining a site like that.

It does seem hit or miss which dogs are health trested and which are not. When the ones that don't have health tests are well over a year old. If he is such a good breeder then why don't all his dogs have the full range of tests done?
  18. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Their eyes can be checked at less than a year. :002:
    Do you show or work your dog?
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    That is called, sell a PET puppy, get the owner to spend hundreds of pounds at their expense so I can get a cheap stud of my own breeding without any expense! All this and the dog is a PUPPY!!! How would anyone who knew anything about any breed state a puppy is suitable in either type or temperament at that age! Ridiculous!!!:evil:
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    If it wasnt so bad it would be laughable!!!!
  21. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Hadn't picked up on the fact it's a puppy....