Let's see your Border Collies! Photos

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by lozzibear, Feb 7, 2012.

1. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren

Let's see your Border Collies!

There are soooo many threads about GSDs on here, and not enough about BCs... so let's see your Border Collies! :mrgreen: :grin: I really need a BC fix!

Also, what colours are everyones favourite? And what are your border collies like? :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    YAY!!! TBBS please come soon :mrgreen:
  4. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Jed and Jessie:
    [​IMG]

Jed is very intelligent but very lumbering and it's almost like his brain works at half speed. Everything he does takes an eternity from sniffing, to eating, to walking. My Mum's friend reckons it's because he was electrocuted by an electric fence when he was 1. He's very independent and i'm honoured if he looks at me when I call his name, nevermind get a fuss from him. He's brilliant in a training class environment but once he's on a walk he likes to do as he pleases. He's very laid back but can be a bit of a unpredictable character when the mood takes him.

Jessie is naturally very well behaved, very gentle, loyal and you could easily forget she's there. She seems to have a nack of just knowing how to behave, without me telling her and isnt interested in other people, other dogs, cats etc. She can be very timid but once her confidence is boosted she has lots of drive. She's obsessed with tennis balls and loves swimming.

Edited to say my fave colours are a well marked tri red or blue merle or a striking black tri, all rough coated.
  5. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    6JRT's likes this.
    These were taken yesterday in the snow

Bertie, black/white, he's the clown of my pack, very independant, usually off doing his own thing, has done showing, agility, flyball, HTM and been a PAT dog, he's a slow, but consistant dog.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teagan, black tri smooth coat, she's a nervous girl, but very high drive.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skye, blue/white with lots of ticking, she's the perfect balance of calm and drive when you need it, she's got an exceptional temperament and turns her paw to anything I ask her (my dog in a million).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star, lilac/white with lots of ticking, Skye's daughter, she has her mum's good looks and temperament, but is just a touch nervous and gets alot more excited around agility, etc, so not as easy to train, she may just take longer to mature than her mother.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And 1 of all 4 taken Sunday.
    [​IMG]

As to favourite colour it would be blue/white, like my Skye, I don't like it dark so you can only see they're blue if they are next to a black/white. But I like lots of colours, just fussy with the markings, etc, I like a classicly marked black/white, I like the colour of Star, but don't usually like other lilacs. One day I'd like a slate merle tri, but I don't like big patches of solid colour in the merle. I also like ticking.

K'Ehleyr, you missed these, I posted of them (plus a few more) in the photos section yesterday!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  6. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    6JRT's likes this.
    She's 16 now but these pics are from when she was younger.
    She's sable. She's a complete madam and rules the roost. Still a bit bonkers, although I don't think she's ever been a 'typical' collie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like, merles, tricolours, lilacs and reds.
  7. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    6JRT's likes this.
    Maverick- Red and white. He's a very gentle boy and is very sensitive at home. Away from home and he is very high drive and is very intelligent but does seriously lack common sense!
    [​IMG]

Ripley- black and white (obviously!) Excuse the picture she is out of coat and looks a bit scraggly! Rips is up for anything and everything, she would go all day if she could. A little over friendly with people and dogs but she makes up for that in her drive and want to work.
    [​IMG]

Rave- daughter of ripley. Just over 3 months old. So far she looks to have the drive and energy of her mum, and is like her in most ways. Quick to learn and picks up things very quickly.
    [​IMG]
  8. ste

ste New Member

Name:
    Steph
    6JRT's likes this.
    Heres some of Maisie, my disabled bc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    6JRT's likes this.
    Some lovely collies so far.

Here are our current gang ...

Bill

[​IMG]

Craig

[​IMG]

Fly and Tip

[​IMG]

Nap

[​IMG]

Jake

[​IMG]

Tweed

[​IMG]

and Glen (who is back for now, but who is on the lookout for a good working home)

[​IMG]

And my part-time worker (but he really prefers to be a pet) Rip

[​IMG]

All ours are so different, but they are all capable working dogs and all home bred - even the latest recruit, Tip - whose father is our Tweed :grin:
    (ETA: Glen wasn't bred by us but by my FIL.)

My fave type of collie always used to be the rough coated black/white dogs with tipped ears like Bill and Rip, but I can now really appreciate the style and power of a dog like Craig - who is shortcoated and prick eared. He looks fabulous when working - soooo focused!
  10. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    6JRT's likes this.
    Here's my two:

Stumpy
    Stumpy is so loving and cute at home, but doesn't like/trust strange people (though she's getting better) or strange dogs (not getting better).

[​IMG]

Hoki
    Loves to try anything and lives life to the full despite the limitations of her damaged legs (result of neglect by previous owner).

[​IMG]

Colour-wise, I do love them all, though preference is B&W (with quite a bit of white). I prefer rough coated
  11. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Thanks everyone :grin: They are all gorgeous :049: A BC will be my next dog :mrgreen:

I can never decide on a favourite colour though, I love them all! I do love a nice merle though, and the reds are really really growing on me :mrgreen:

Any more???? :lol: :mrgreen:
  12. youngstevie

youngstevie

Hope you don't mind us joining in:lol: :lol:

This is Skye 6 in June, she is a Tri medium haired BC, Skye is the quietest of the gang, very steady and calm,she is a real pinky girl in the house and is very loving, although she has a high herding drive, which is Im thankful to say is very manageable:lol: but she does love to work so will often be the one doing jobs;-)
    [​IMG]
    Bruce is nearly 5 he is a short-haired Tri BC, he is the competitive of all our dogs, he loves fly-ball and will take a jump over gates and fences with the greatest of ease, Bruce is the listener always watching us when we are out waiting for commands etc., Bruce is very friendly with people but not so tolerant with other males and will snap air if they are in his space. Bruce is very much a clown in the house and can often be found sitting in some very funny positions, he is the guard-dog of the group;-)
    [​IMG]
    Tess, is the biggest in build she is approx 2 years old not the brightest shilling in the piggy bank, but the most loving, Tess has let toddlers ride her back......not that I encourage that behaviour:018: but she adores children:007: She is still very much a puppy in her ways, but on a 1-2-1 she actually astonishes us with how much she does know....think she plays dumb:005: Tess has a much longer coat and is Black and white in colour, she also has some herding instincts but looses interest easy:lol:
    [​IMG]

I used to have a favourite colour of Blk & white........but I find these days alot of the colour attract me, I do like the merles
  13. dog_geek

dog_geek New Member

This is my boy, Mac. Came from a farm, both working parents. He is a tri colour but most of his brown has gone white with age :lol: He has always been active, very intelligent, quick to learn. Has no interest in strangers or most dogs. He is my first dog and I have no doubt no other dog will ever top him!

[​IMG]
  14. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    6JRT's likes this.
    Of course! Don't be silly ;-)

Gorgeous dogs everyone, I have loved looking at all the pics and reading about what the dogs are like :grin: I can't wait till I get my BC :mrgreen:
  15. rsw1990

rsw1990 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    These are a few pictures of my 5 month old Border Collie, Charlie.

Charlie on his 2nd day with us... Already very playful!
    [​IMG]

Getting a little bit bigger!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's gorgeous and so fluffy :) I do like Merle's Though :)
  16. rsw1990

rsw1990 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    That didn't work :/ What have I done wrong now :/
  17. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    6JRT's likes this.
    Have you moved the folder that the pics are in on photobucket?
  18. Tegs_mum

Tegs_mum New Member

Name:
    Katie
    6JRT's likes this.
    How did I miss this?! :lol:

Teg, red and white, mud magnet, can be a little ott if gets too wound up although generally very well behaved, lives for cuddles, exercise (if water is involved all the better) and food.
    [​IMG]

Hocus, black and white, will be quite rough coated I think.
    Very trainable, likes to learn, loves toys much more than food and enjoys chewing on Teg :shock:
    [​IMG]

Shambles (currently aka Fatty), tri colour but her tan has really faded, belongs to my Gran, bought from a shepherd, she wants to be doing things constantly but only the way she wants to do them, she is allowed to get away with a lot at home so I find her a pain compared to mine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Colour wise I prefer a colour against black and white.
    Red and white/red merle/red tri is my favourite then blue and white/blue merle/blue tri. I like either very classic marked collies like Teg or total mis marked. In merles I like solid patches, not so much the wishy washy ones with spots.

A tri-merle is on my want list too....I like the look of Mac, Chocolate tri merle, nearly half way down this page
    http://bryningbordercollies.com/Border-Collie-Colours
  19. Lizz

Lizz New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I will post some photo's when I get home but we have Sky who is black and white aged 5from a breeder, Sunny is a red and white aged 3 from a farm needed a friend for Sky when his old buddy jazz was diagnosed as terminal and finally my baby Mistral from the same breeder as Sky who is a split face blue merle and is 1

All were brought in as pups due to our rescue cats all 62 of them and they have been very well trained by the feals and adore any cat we bring in and all use the cats as a roundup practice till said cats go u[p a tree then Mist spends ages cirling tyhe tree
  20. rsw1990

rsw1990 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    No I don't think so, I'll have a look now! :) x
  21. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Some more cracking collie pics in here :) Keep them coming.