Looking for a westie pup General Chat

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by katandcolin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. katandcolin

katandcolin New Member

Name:
    Kat

Looking for a westie pup

Hi everyone,
    As sone of you will know my mum lost her little westie bonnie a couple of months ago.
    Mum has always had dogs (westies) but she was so distraught and we lost her in tragic circumstances, she said she could never have another.
    Today mum has rung saying she is so lonely without her and is seriously considering getting a westie pup.
    Now bonnie had terrible digestive problems and we are aware of the health problems the breed can have ... But her heart is with westies and there's no changing that!!

Is there any one with knowledge of the breed who can help us. Mum wants to find the right pup and ofcourse the right breeder...
    Anyone with any advice ?
    Thanks
    Kat xxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Kat :) if I was looking for a Westie puppy the first thing I would do would be to check out the breed clubs, contact the secretary, ask for a list of reputable breeders who have signed up to the code of ethics.This is no guarantee that all will be well but a good starting point.
    Here is one link you may find helpful..
    http://www.thewesthighlandwhiteterrierclub.co.uk/index.php?CATEGORY=B-Looking for a puppy...
    and another..
    http://www.thewesthighlandwhiteterrierclubofengland.co.uk/committee.html
  4. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
  5. katandcolin

katandcolin New Member

Name:
    Kat
    My grans dog lives with her so couldn't be an only dog... Also her heart is set on a westie bitch. As much as I would love to see one of those poor babies rescued :(
    Thanks mini, I will check out out those links xx