Luca's family tree

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Wolfie, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie

Luca's family tree

As some of you know, I've been trying to trace Luca's relatives. She came to me as a private re-home, and I didn't know anything about her family tree.

I've since found her Mum, Dad and the person who actually helped bring her into this world :grin:

So, if any of you have N.I's/Utes that are related to Mahlek Shilo and Hal (Luca's mum and dad ) I'd love to hear from you :grin: Either on this thread, or via PM.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zero

zero New Member

Hi Wolfie :) do you have any further back then we can see how close ours are related (thinking they must be somewhere along the line...lol)
  4. lizziel

lizziel New Member

Name:
    lizzie
    Well done Wolfie - I have been trying to trace H's parentage since we got him and had no luck although there are probably less of Luca's breed to go through than H's. :)
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    well I know who Hal's parents are if that is any help? And I know Shilo is from the Shy Lady line as well.
  6. zero

zero New Member

Well Shy Lady relates Luca, Keena AND Takoda already...lol
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    will text Hal's mum, Gnasher, to come on with his details, she is at work at the moment so it will probably be tonight unless she gives me the go ahead to give out Hal's parentage. He was bred by Eddy Harrison so is related to the original ones. He was actually Tawney's great nephew.
  8. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Your Luca will be related to my two if so, Shy Lady if Im right is related to Mahlek Call of the Wild.
  9. zero

zero New Member

Yeah she is his mum
  10. PurpleJackdaw

PurpleJackdaw New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Well that includes Kira as well then as Call of the wild is Kira's Grandad :)
  11. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    spoke to Gnasher by text and she will come on tonight with Hal's parents. I am sending her a link over now. By the way, the girls' father (Anzarra) has Milney's Arctic Magic (Neisha) in his lines, who is by Mahlek Manatu and Amber, and Mahlek Manatu is by - yeah you've guessed it - Mahlek Call of the Wild. Hurrah!
  12. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Hiya, Hal's mum here. I always thought that Shilo (owned by Sandra Moore) is daughter of Mahlek Call of the Wild (Kyle). I can't remember who Shilo's mother is/was, but Hal's father was Natuk and his mother was Saska. I was told that Natuk was son of Kyle (Mahlek Call of the Wild) and Eddie Harrison's female Timber - she also had a male called Timber. Kyle's parents are Wolfgar and Shy Lady. This means that Hal and Shilo are quite closely related, which I didn't know at the time of the mating unfortunately. Somewhere in Hal's lineage there is Bronx Warrior who was a female apparently. It is all very confusing I know, so good luck Wolfie in your researches.
  13. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    just for those of you who haven't seen it on the Utonagan Dog Club Forum, when I paid a visit to Lyn B's the other week, she had a whole box of photos and old pedigrees that Eddy Harrison's relatives had entrusted to her after Eddy died and we spent quite a long time looking through it all. The pedigrees were extremely interesting in themselves and showed the lines of Wolfgar going back, which I had never seen before. Also, my big question was answered, were Arctic and Wolfgar the same dog? The answer was a definate NO as I saw a pedigree showing Wolfgar being the father of Arctic! So any of you with pedigrees going back to Arctic and Wolfgar that want to know more, let me know
    what you need to know as it were and I will try to let you know what I can find out.
  14. zero

zero New Member

Bronx Warrior was male :) and if he is in Hals lineage that's him and Takoda somewhat related...lol

Wolfie, have you ever spoke to Julie (NI society) or (Sandra) the Inuit Dog Association - they would be able to take the pedigree right back for sure on the Mahlek side - both sides probably.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  15. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I was always under the impression that Bronx Warrior was a male - pretty obvious really from his name - but I can't remember who told me that "he" was a "she". I am glad to get that one cleared up! Thanks Mys.
  16. zero

zero New Member

Yeah it might have had to be Bronx Warrior Princess if he was a girl :)

If I remember right he is an odd eye long coat - not much influence in Takoda's looks there then, lol.
  17. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I have spoken to Sandra Curry, but I'm not sure if I've spoken to Julie (can't remember)

Sandra did tell me a few things, but being the airhead I am, I didn't write it down :roll:

So, from what I can read here, Kody, Keena, Kira, the Norty girls and Luca are related somewhere.

Oooo, this is getting quite exciting :grin:
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    yeah well, once you are over the shock of finding out the Norties are related, anything else pales in comparison:shock:
    Mys, is Bronx Warrior the one that came over from Ireland?
    I think he was retired after he had a double hip replacement.
    Is that the same one?
  19. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    If I was you I would contact Julie as she is the Mahlek breeder, she knows everything and every dogs lineage of the Northern Inuit Dog.
  20. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Bronx Warrior was indeed an Irish import with very bad hips apparently.

Wolfie: you need to talk to Sandra Moore, who owns Shilo, to find out more about that side of the tree - I don't know who Shilo's mum was/is, but Sandra Moore, or indeed Julie, should be able to answer.
  21. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate

Mahlek Call of the Wild (Kyle) is in my dogs pedigrees, his parents are not Wolfgar & Shy Lady they are Arctic & Shy Lady.