Meet Peggy General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by PaulainPoole, Sep 21, 2017.

1. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula

Meet Peggy

1506004351018.jpg

I've been looking for a pup and I have now bought a cross breed pup, she is a cross with a border terrier and a Poodle but more Poodle coat and colour. She is black with a flash of white down her chest. Her name is Peggy. So now the hard work begins
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome Peggy. She is lovely, and should be an intelligent girl. I'm sure she will keep you fully occupied, Paula.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Oh my goodness, she's gorgeous! Did you meet mum - is she the border terrier or the Poodle?

And what does Louie think of her?

And yes, now the hard work begins - but so does the fun!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Peggy and welcome to the Breedia family! :)

You are a real little cutie and I am sure you will have a very happy home with your new Mom and Louis - and I am sure we all look forward to watching you grown and seeing lots of photographs of you and Louis together.

Paula, she is a very sweet little puppy and I hope she and Louis will be happy together - but I do not envy you the hard work a puppy can be at times!
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    She's certainly going to wow 'em as she grows - she's very cute.

Biggest problem I had when Rosie was 'ickle was avoiding treading on her. She was so, so tiny.

Lots of fun ahead for you me thinks x
  7. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    She is adorable even if she us a cross. The lady selling them advertised the pups as crosses and told me the mum had been staying at the owners mums house and she has a male and her bitch came into season and the story goes... 6 puppies later
    Mum is the Border and was very laid back, she welcomed us in with a wagging tail and no Barling.
    Dad is a toy poodle and he us laid back too.

Louie is sulking so he will either come round or tolerate her. I'm so pleased he isn't being aggressive.. I did catch him bow playing and wagging his tail in front of her. So, I think he will be fine.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What a cutie .
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    If Louie is already bow playing I am sure they will soon be playing really well together. The Poodle side of the puppy will insist they play!

Both parents sound great.
  10. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    I know, I've done a hop skip and jump to avoid stepping on her ☺️
  11. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Louie has actually got up and Sat next to me today, yayyyy! So, I have one each side of me
  12. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    The thing I find the hardest is leaving her on her own just for a little bit so she will get use to this and not have separation anxiety. Our standard we rehomed found it dreadful and it took us a while to get him sorted, he did in the end but not without a few complaints from neighbours, actually it was because of them we realised that once we were gone he would start howling.

With us being home a lot I have put a Crate in the other room and I am going to leave her for a few minutes and gradually lengthen the time and I'm hoping that will do it. I did this morning and kept shhhhh her and waited then told her she was a good girl.

Not sure if, I need to be doing anything else, so any advice will be appreciated.
  13. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
  14. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Malka likes this.
    We have met mum who is a Border terrier, a lovely welcome from her wagging her tail and didn't bark, she is so laid back as we stayed a while to watch how the pups were as, we wanted to go for a more submissive girl as, Louie needs to be the boss. We watched and Peggy Sat back and watched us and then came over. The other pup was bouncing about all over. Peggy's dad is a toy Poodle and laid back too. So, I think we chose right.

I have allergys so have to be fussy on breeds.. Louie didn't want a big dog as, they are too bouncy for him and he becomes aggressive and bark as, we have had a large puppy in ours. It wasn't nice watching Louie being on guard all the time and not relaxed. My husband has to pretend they are big dogs as, he would love a standard Poodle or he would go for a doberman but alas,
    He loves dogs not it matter what size really
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  15. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Malka likes this.
    1506085630693756925366.jpg Guess where Peggy has fallen asleep.. Ha ha. If you zoom in, you can just see her feet...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  16. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    View attachment 4784

Guess where Peggy has fallen asleep.. Ha ha.

I don't know how to do delete this thread as, I've done two of the same thing somehow?
  17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I'm always watching where I step too as Mr Bronson thinks he's on strictly come dancing half the time.
  18. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Love his name, he's gorgeous. How old is he?
  19. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thank you. He's only got to look at me if he's up to mischief with those big eyes and I can't be mad at him. And he was 11 weeks yesterday.
    You should enter Peggy into the photo competition. I'm sure she'll get loads of votes.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikki was so very tiny and I was always frightened that I would run over her or something, as before she was steady on her feet she used to slip and slide on the stone floor a lot and I frequently had no idea where she was.

Except when she was asleep, of course!
  21. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    :007:Hello,
    Aww, glad you have finally got a puppa and I hope they get on well. Peggy will make a gorgeous addition to Breedia's Doggy Fam.
    Thanks
    Jane
    xx