Mission: Elkhound General Chat

Discussion in 'Norwegian Elkhound' started by Gypsum, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    but to be fair, I shouldnt have been the only port of call, {if in fact it was gypsum which I cant be sure} she really should have called the breeder or tried to get in contact with other members of the forum

lets face it, IF it is the same dog in rescue, someone should have been told.

how would you feel if it were one of yours hun?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Archer

Archer New Member

l
    YOU ARE SOOOO WRONG!
    The breeder offered to take the dog back from the original owner (as she does with ALL her puppies) and the owner prefered to keep hold of him until a new home was found.She did not want him to go into kennels.
    Gypsum has been in contact with both myself and his breeder re training and elkhound people are always willing and resourceful when it comes to transport if the dog needed moving so that wasn't an issue.
    Both the breeder and the original owners would have done anything to keep this chap out of kennels...and the 'elkhound world' would have done what it couldto help:!:
    Gypsum was aware that Barbara would have him back but chose to just dump him in a rescue:blush:
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Have been speaking to Nikki and stand by what I say!!!
  5. Archer

Archer New Member

she asked for advice re training...not rehoming!
  6. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    very true... I just wish now someone diddy...aka my son had not deleted the message..all be it by mistake
  7. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    And surely she would try more than once to contact you if she was needing help, not just 1 email then assume you got it/read it etc? I know I would...ok you can argue the point that she may not have wanted to trouble people, but if it came to rehoming my dog or troubling people I would pester them till they told me to F**k off!!! I think it would only have been polite to let those who helped her get the dog that she was considering rehoming. JMO
  8. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Sorry but I am now furious!!!

I have just seen the reason she has given to the rescue centre
    Well LEAVE the dog at home, or in the car..you don't dump a dog because its chasing horses!!!!!!!for goodness sake!!!!
  9. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    very good point, I had a pm from her on here asking about training classes, but as the hall is not avalible at the moment I couldnt help her in a class situation, but I did give her my phone number, should she need it, so all said and done she could have pm'd me again saying she had phoned and gave me her number..??? before putting the dog in rescue.

Lets face it your always gona find me on here lol :blush:
  10. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    WTF???? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Have too agree Louise don't give it the opportunity...problem solved I am no behavioural expert. :evil:
  11. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

OMG... louise where did you get that?
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    On the rescue web site..Thats the description they give of him..
  13. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Was just giving a different opinion based on the fact that we (ie, those of us not involved in this, and given that its on a public forum we have a right to an opinion on it) did not know the details. Shona said the owner had rung for help, didnt say it was just for training help at the time. I was just saying that it might have been something they couldn't help.

I think i do know the breeder, if her name is Barbara and the one im thinking of, she lives locally to me if so and its a shame one of her dogs has ended up in this situation. And if the reason the dog has been given up to rescue is chasing horses then that is very bad...
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well I don't think the rescue would make up something as elaborate as that..
  15. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Im fairly sure i didnt say that they had made it up Louise. You are always picking a fight aren't you :roll:

I merely meant that sometimes people are not always honest when handing animals over to rescue. I've done enough rescue work myself to know that. Sad, but true.
  16. Archer

Archer New Member

His breeder lives in wales....don't know how close she is to you.
  17. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Yes, thats the one i think, we're pretty much on the border of Wales! We see her at shows a lot. Lovely lady.
  18. Archer

Archer New Member

The dog was OK originally with the horse but the horse frightened him.She told me he was scared of the horses and refused to go near the barn.
    She also told the breeder he chased horses but then why can't he be put on a lead?
  19. Archer

Archer New Member

She is! And her dogs are to:grin:
  20. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Some posts have been removed subject to our Posting Guidelines.
  21. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Thank you for your quick editing Carole :)