Ms. Trixie 7-20-99 to 2-2-16 Introductions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Lowendbob, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Lowendbob

Lowendbob New Member

Name:
    Bob
    Azz likes this.

Ms. Trixie 7-20-99 to 2-2-16

We just said goodbye to our beloved Bishon Trixie this week. She gave my wife and I 16 1/2 years of joy and love. We miss her dearly, and will be in our hearts forever.

I just wanted to say to anyone considering getting a Bishon as a pet, that you won't be disappointed.
    Our Trixie was relatively free from any major health issues her entire life until she developed kidney failure in her last few months. She seemed healthy an alert right up to within her last week, and went down hill rapidly. The few minor issues we had with her was an occasional hot spots on her skin that cleared up quickly. She also had luxating patella (slipping knee cap), for years but never seemed to bother her. She had remarkably white and healthy teeth, and our vet couldn't believe her teeth where in such great shape. I can say that we never did anything as far as caring for her teeth, except for keeping her on a diet of hard dog food, and we rarely fed her people food.

Trixie's personality was typical of this breed. Carefree, friendly, and very sweet.
    She loved our pool, and would jump in and fetch toys all day if you left her. I have never seen a small dog love water as much as her.
    One of my favorite traits of this breed is the so called "Bishon Buzz". It is so funny when they go off tearing around like a maniac.

So for anyone considering this breed as a pet, I wouldn't hesitate getting one.
    I will be searching for another Bishon soon I hope when the grieving is done, and it has been very hard so far.
    Thanks for letting me share this with you.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a long and happy life Trixie had. We all know how you must be feeling, but she will live on in your memories. You are going to pay her the greatest compliment by getting another Bichon, when the time feels right. I hope your new dog brings you as much joy.

I hope you will let us see some photos in due course.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so very sorry to hear of the sad loss of your beloved Ms Trixie - my heart aches for you and my tears fall. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

May her memory be for a Blessing.

Run free little Trixie, run free as fast as you can xx

with comfort

Malka and puppy Tikva
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    So sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Bichon.

I know quite a few of them, and without exception they are delightful, lovable little dogs. I am not surprised that you are going to remain faithful to the breed.
  6. Lowendbob

Lowendbob New Member

Name:
    Bob
    WOW! I thought this forum was inactive.
    Thank you all so much for your kind replies.
    Trixie on Raft.jpg Trixie Pool Fun 5.jpg Trxie1.JPG
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    What a sweetheart. So sorry for your loss x
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Lovely. What great diving style!
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Clearly an active and sporty little dog as well as absolutely gorgeous!
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    So sorry for your loss
    Trixie was a beautiful little dog x
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    sorry for your loss x
  12. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi, welcome :023:
  13. Cappy's mom

Cappy's mom New Member

Name:
    Niki
    I am so sorry for your loss. Pets truly become part of the family. I got a bichon last July and he's is so loved and spoiled. He and his brother (a terrier mix) love to play with each other, and when he starts just running through the house or chasing his tail, my 9 year old Quincy just looks at me like what in the world.