My mom made the decision... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Wizegrl00782, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Malka and CaroleC like this.

My mom made the decision...

Hey there! Well I have some sad news....after some deep thinking my parents have decided to sell Blaze. They not only can't financially support him but hes just too strong & too much for my mom to handle. I feel really bad for them but I know & they know its whats best for Blaze & my parents. So I'm trying to help out by finding someone who wants a GSD. I really wish I could take him but he would need ALOT of training & work & I simply don't have the time for that kinda work. Mila is plenty for me!:confused:lol.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Well thank you sooooo much for letting us know, I’m sure you have tried really hard to help them, you have enough on your plate with your own pooch & children
    I think your parents have done something they should be proud of rather than struggling on with Blaze
    How are things in your house going on ?
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Here’s hoping it won’t be too long for the right home to come along.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Same here, I hope the perfect home comes along very soon.
  6. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    GsdSlave, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Philippa: all is well here on the home front! Thanks for asking!:) now that spring is struggling to stay & the weather is becoming nicer me & Mila have been spending time outside. She gets pooped out quickly!:D

Update on Blaze:
    My mom said that she called the breeder & I guess the lady will take him back. Shes not happy at all with my parents. My goodness my parents can be sooo emotional it drives me crazy!:confused: they never stop to think realistically. So it went from well we'll sell him to now he has to go like...now! So Saturday my parents will be returning Blaze to the original breeder. I know she'll work with him & find a good home for him. Im happy that it worked out this way but I think it stinks that it took them spending at LEAST $2500 in finding out mom really can't handle any kind of dog. She said at this point in time there will probably be no pets in their future. She just doesn't have the patience for a pet of any kind...well maybe a fish!:p lol.
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    You must feel a little more relaxed that Blaze is moving on
    Thank you for letting us know how things are going x
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I'm relieved to hear that he's going back to the breeder. It is the right place for him as she has a vested interest in helping him become the dog he can be and finding a new home for him. I feel so sorry for your mum and dad. They started off with good intentions no matter how misguided they were. They must be feeling very sad x
  9. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Yes they r very sad:( but they also realize that this was the right thing to do for both mom & Blaze. I hope Blaze will find a good home. Hes a beautiful dog.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I cannot add anything to what has already been said Jessica - I feel sorry for your parents and for Blaze, who will not understand what is happening and why - and I also feel sorry for you for being sort of caught up in the middle.
  11. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Yes it has been a tough situation here with my parents. I met Blaze once & hes so sweet & such a handsome dog once u get to know him. A little scared of my kids but hes never seen rambunctious kids before!:confused: lol. I can't help but feel really sad about this. I warned them both even before Ruger passed away (their old GSD) when my dad was on this kick of nagging my mom to get a puppy. She even told him no then. Before they got Blaze I practically begged them not to get a wee puppy...to adopt like a 1yr old GSD thats already been trained. I told them my experiences with Mila....nope they were bound & determined to get a puppy. I guess some people just have to learn the hard, hard way:(
    Sorry for the little vent there. I didn't expect to be this upset. I know its whats best for Blaze but now I worry about mom. Dad is away at work all the time (hes in the military) & shes home alone mostly. One thing about having Blaze was that she lost quite a bit of weight (shes overweight). I don't know what she'll do now. I just keep praying for them. Thats about all I can do....that & be the voice of reason & reality for them.
  12. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    If she had chosen a different breed at a different age it could have been a different story
    Letting a dog go in whatever circumstances is heartbreaking
    Keep the stories coming about Mia
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    When you have had an old dog for a long time, you do forget just how much energy a youngster has. I can see why your Mum would want a dog for companionship and security. Perhaps she could find something a little easier to cope with in rescue.
  14. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Yes Ruger was a totally different dog. When my parents got him at 10mos (my brother gave Ruger to my parents) he was already fixed, house broke & all that. He was pretty mellow. So yeah my parents were spoiled by him. She still gets very upset when she thinks about Ruger. He was a great dog...especially with my kids. When my mom used to babysit my oldest son Ruger would sit in the room my son was in & watch over him all night. Just like a true shepherd!:) Blaze was just too much for my mom to handle at her age. Maybe someday they'll adopt a GSD
  15. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I just wanted to chime in to say that fish are not easy to care for and one wrong move can mean a dead fish. If she doesn't have the patience or time for a dog, I can't recommend most species of fish.
  16. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Yes you are correct there! I had a fresh water aquarium with some fish & you do need to properly care for them. A salt water aquarium is hard to maintain too from what I understand. Something I never got into tho.