Nameless Puppy help with name. Questions

Discussion in 'Basset Hound' started by shirley cameron, Oct 15, 2007.

1. shirley cameron

shirley cameron New Member

Name:
    Shirley

Nameless Puppy help with name.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. we are getting a basset hound puppie who is a little girl. we cannot agree on a name for her. Does anyone have any ideas as we get her tomorrow:smt002

Thanks
    Shirley
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish you good luck with your new little Basset Girl.

What about Bessie or Bessy I think that is quite cute and apt for alittle basset Girlie.
  4. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    i reckon shirly...as in shirly bassey....

ah well never mind.....
  5. Stormey

Stormey New Member

Name:
    Phill
    Dogsey has a couple of dogs whos names dont match their sex, I have a boy called Star(girls name) and Phil has a boy named Skye(also girls) so you could follow the trend and call her beartie.
  6. maebme

maebme New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    Hi there and congratulations on your new puppy. I love Basset Hounds. Do you have any idea what her Kennel Club name is, as you might be inspired by that. You don't mention the names that you cannot agree on. Sometimes though the name just comes to you when you meet your puppy.

What about:-

Asha
    Liquorice (Allsort)
    Treacle
    Maja
    Murrin
    Sorcha
    Sorrel
    Bakita
    Poppet
    Lindy
    Merryl
    Garbo
    Doris
    Venus

;-)
  7. eloquence

eloquence New Member

Name:
    mel
    oh basset hound - i love them!!!!

Welcome to dogsey by the way:lol:

I'm not good with names - so wont advise on that one, but please can we have loads of pics? lots and lots!!:lol:

Good luck with the name.
  8. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    What about,
    Lola
    phoebe
    Gucci
    Heather
    Bracken
    Fern
    Dido
    Hope these help,xxxxxxxxxxxx
  9. sarah8

sarah8 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Hi Shirley

Welcome to Dogsey. Great to have another Basset Hound owner on here! I would love another Basset Baby so I'm extremely jealous. Can't think of any names, there has already been so many good suggestions but please add some pics! What colour is she? They are so cute as babies. Good luck with you new puppy.

Sarah x
  10. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Welcome to Dogsey. I'm hopeless with names my girls are called Bronwyn, Liberty and Lexie. But I quite like Betty for a basset......... there told you I was rubbish
  11. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks mate

PS

I was going to say Bertie
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Hello and Welcome.
    If I ever got anothe Dachsie I quite fancied Hobson or Dollop, Dollop would probably be OK but Hobson is a bit blokie!
    Becky
  13. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    What about Lulu thats what they sound like when they howl
    LuuuuuuuLuuuuuuu
  14. zoby

zoby New Member

Name:
    ma
    Gotta throw my twopence worth in!

My daughter just wouldnt shift on the name Princess for our bichon last year - nothing would change her mind - money, bribes, tears - we tried them all - but you know what?, a year down the line i lovvvve the name - especially the looks of incredulity i get from people as i call her name and there she appears all white, fluffy with a muddy black face and probably something v smelly and rotting in her mouth!!!!

If princess isnt your thing (and lets be honest, its not many peoples!!) i think Lola is adorable.

Enjoy your babe
  15. maebme

maebme New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    You must have your puppy at home by now. How are you getting on? and what did you call her in the end?:)
  16. youngstevie

youngstevie

Love the name Liquorice (allsort) it would ve my choice:grin:
  17. Sez & Amber

Sez & Amber New Member

Name:
    Sez
    I've given up trying to name pets before I've got them! :lol: I like to give them an hour or so to start settling in, and then have a short reiki session with them - I tend to find that the perfect name pops into my head.

Amber was the most difficult to name I have EVER come across :roll: . We had her for days before finding a name that fitted. She didn't have a name before we got her, and the only thing that she seemed to like was "Puppy"! I didn't want to end up calling for her across the beach in a few years for a large GSD cross to come legging towards me! I found the name "Amber" on a baby name website, whilst searching through African names, and when I said it aloud, she turned to look at me, so that was it - she became Amber! :grin:

Good luck with your baby Bassett, and make sure to post LOADS of photos! :smt002