nervous JRT Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by stephen haydock, May 12, 2017.

1. stephen haydock

stephen haydock New Member

Name:
    stephen

nervous JRT

Hi everyone, I am concerned about my 3 year old jack russell.
    We have had him from 8 weeks old, since we had him he has always been glued to our sides. Me and my partner work Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, during this time we leave him at my inlaws as they have a jack Russell and a border collie but we have done this since he was 8 weeks.

4 weeks ago my inlaws border collie passed away and since then our JRT has been acting really nervous. Up until now he has always slept at the end of our bed but now he will not set foot in our bedroom, when we go to stroke him he starts shaking. Me and my partner both walk him before we go to work and after. He seems fine on his walk but as soon as we get home he is back to his nervous ways.

Has anybody experienced this kind of problem with JRT's before if so how did you get them out of it?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm sure it must be grief. His pack structure has changed, I would give him time and space to adjust.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I agree with Carole. Don't try to force the issue. Be as normal as possible. If he will play, that would be a good start, but if he's not interested, just leave him to find his own way back to you which I feel sure he will do when he has had time to adjust to his new situation