Never again General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Never again

I let Tikva come into my bed for a cuddle this morning, for the first - and last - time. She had been out early for a p&p, went back in her crate [with a bikkie] for another half hour's snooze - usual early morning habit for both of us to get a few more zzzz's - then eeped to tell me she was ready for proper up time.

I wanted a bit longer in bed to try and stretch out so decided to let her join me.

Never again! The first thing she did was dig under a pillow to find a tissue and then she took it under the duvet to chew on it... and when I managed to get it from her I got jumped on, licked, jumped on again...

Cuddle? What cuddle? Nah, much more fun jumping on mommy and exploring under the duvet.

Wriggle, jump - wriggle, jump. The mini booger is not a cuddle pup and oh did she let me know it!

So I had to get up. :(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Giddy Up Doggy

Giddy Up Doggy New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    Well, at least you know. Very adorable story though. Made me smile.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You would think a small dog would be a cuddle pup. Especially one that had been hand-reared. Tell that to Tikki - nearly 22 months of somewhere around 5.5kg [skinny little thing she is] who is the most independent pup I have ever been owned by.

And no way is she coming into bed with me again.
  5. Giddy Up Doggy

Giddy Up Doggy New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    One of my Jacks is like that, an independent little cuss, I swear she's half cat! She likes affection and cuddle time on her terms, ONLY when SHE wants it. She makes me laugh. She struts around like an uptown diva too, so very funny. My other Jacks all want on my lap at the same time.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, I have one who is always wanting to cuddle, and one who goes all stiff if you try to cuddle him
  7. puppykisses

puppykisses New Member

Name:
    Andrea
    Early riser, it really is hard to teach your dog/puppy on what is right and wrong. She surely had a lot of energy after sleeping. Well atleast you've learned your lesson, and honestly its not just you who experience that type of morning alarm, so as I.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is not really early - usually around 7.30am - then we have been known to sleep anything up to another couple of hours, although one hour is the usual. I am just not very good in the mornings as it takes me ages to do anything.
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Chico is the only dog I've ever had who has been a late riser. He totally ignores everyone until about 9.30. I used to try and get him up to go out into the garden for a wee, but now I just let him get up in his own time.