New Frenchie Owner Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by AZKelly76, Nov 23, 2016.

1. AZKelly76

AZKelly76 New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    6JRT's likes this.

New Frenchie Owner

I am a new Frenchie owner to our sweet baby girl Stella. She is incredibly loving and affectionate. We are over the moon in love with her :) We have noticed that her little eyes are a bit red and teary, and twice she has gotten sick in the middle of the night throwing up bile multiple times. We are thinking it may be food related. She has transitioned off of Origen and on to Zignature (high quality, grain free) because that's what we feed our other dogs. What do you all feed your Frenchies?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hello and welcome to Breedia from little Tikva and me. Stella is gorgeous :049:

What does your vet say about her eyes being a bit red and teary, and also the throwing up? Was there any reason why you changed her food from Origen and did these symptoms started before or after you changed her food?

Possibly it is an allergy but only your vet can say for sure.

I do hope you will find out what is causing the problem and that lovely Stella will be fine.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Beautiful colouring & very cute pup
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to the forum Kelly and Stella.
    Carole with Eddie and Merry the Beagles.
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I would have your vet take a look at her eyes, she may have a slight case of conjunctivitis , the throwing up in the middle of the night can be related to her stomach being empty, and when its empty the stomach acids can rumble on a bit and make them sick up bile , what time is her last feed in the evening, I would probably give her a bedtime snack, a piece of dry toast / biscuit or a small portion of her last meal, this should help her through the night. I would have thought if its food related ( both) then you would see other signs i.e chewing of feet red skin /ears.