New Here Introductions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Tosha Y, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Tosha Y

Tosha Y New Member

Name:
    Tosha
    6JRT's likes this.

New Here

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I use to have a Min Pin when I was like 13 but she passed, I have wanted ever since, now 1 month before my 32nd birthday we will be welcoming 6 year Emma into our home next Friday. Her owner who rescued her at 6 months old, from breeders who were gonna kill her because she was to small to breed or sale. She is now 6ish years and she is getting divorced and can't keep her. I am sad for her owner and her sad circumstances but couldn't be more excited to welcome this beautiful girl into our home. 5 more days! We pick her up Friday 4/22/16. It is killing me not saying anything because we have decided not to say anything to our kids, lol we are gonna go get her while they are in school and then surprise them when they get home. Lol

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hello Tosha. Welcome to the forum. You must really be struggling to keep this news to yourself! I hope your new girl settles well, and brings lots of love to your family. What is her name? One of my Beagles was six years old when she came to us. She has been a joy and loves a cuddle.
  4. Tosha Y

Tosha Y New Member

Name:
    Tosha
    It is extremely hard. Lol My only worry is she has been with her momma for 6 years and now going to a new home with new people. I'm sure she will have a hard time for a bit. I just hope she does ok. Her name is Emma, we are keeping her name the same since she has had it for 6 years. Lol. We have a beagle/dachshund mix named Vinz. We got him as a stray when he was 8 months old and he is now 4. He is one of the best dogs I have had.

Attached Files:

5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Awesome! I hope the dog has been around kids before. My neighbor has a Chihuahua/Minpin mix and she snarls at all the kids she sees. Otherwise she's a pretty nice dog.
  6. Tosha Y

Tosha Y New Member

Name:
    Tosha
    She has been around kids of all ages, adults, dogs, cats, horses, etc. She has been very well socialized. The lady I'm getting her from also said she does rodeos and has even taken her on the rode with her. She does great in situations.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    There will be a period of adjustment, but if you can deal successfully with a Beagle/Dachs mix, you can cope with any small - medium dog!
    My girl had lived in a show/breeding kennel for 6 years, so my main problems were house-training and separation anxiety. Hopefully, you won't have those, she sounds ideal. I hope all goes well on Friday
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello and welcome to Breedia from Malka and 11 month-old Tikva, who is a cross between a standard [but enormous] Doxie [momma] and a Minpin poppa, although she only weighs 5.5 kilos and is skinny as a rake.